Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Even VW is getting dirty. Where the heck is CT?

Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"...though there were some instances where the ID4 was flat towed by a chase vehicle..."

HAHAHA
I am in the camp of "better loved and lost than never at all". They did finish though.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
"...though there were some instances where the ID4 was flat towed by a chase vehicle..."

HAHAHA
Towed by a big/powerful enough vehicle, a boat anchor could finish the race. LOL.

But at least they had planned well enough to finish, not try to skip portions, try returning to the beginning against traffic, and not have to drive off course to get a charge on the highway.

Respect is due to this team!!! Good job!!!

I’m getting curiouser and curiouser about how the CT will do in one of these races.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
dragged in by a chevrolet
My point is that Tesla is one of the pioneers in EV world and by far the most successful one. It should be CT that is flat towed in the race long before ID4 attempt it. Now these guys are paving the dirt road so we can use their experience to win later. Frankly since I have never designed an EV myself let alone mass produced one and raced one, I feel unqualified to bash someone who did. There is an interview with the driver on youtube. The attitude is not we are here to prove VW, it is we are here to show an EV can make it. The only thing he promoted was the California based suspension they used. I definitly have respect for that.

If you are telling me you wouldn't want to see CT in that dirt just because it may fail, I think you are in the minority. I bet you if there was a footage of CT like this posted here, everyone would go nuts even if it didn't finish the race.

Last edited:

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

HAHAHA
Ha ha...then it doesn't count as a finish at all. Try to claim victory in an Olympic marathon where someone else carried you to finish line......... :LOL::LOL:

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My point is that Tesla is one of the pioneers in EV world and by far the most successful one. It should be CT that is flat towed in the race long before ID4 attempt it. Now these guys are paving the dirt road so we can use their experience to win later. Frankly since I have never designed an EV myself let alone mass produced one and raced one, I feel unqualified to bash someone who did. There is an interview with the driver on youtube. The attitude is not we are here to prove VW, it is we are here to show an EV can make it. The only thing he promoted was the California based suspension they used. I definitly have respect for that.

If you are telling me you wouldn't want to see CT in that dirt just because it may fail, I think you are in the minority. I bet you if there was a footage of CT like this posted here, everyone would go nuts even if it didn't finish the race.

But they didn't show the part where it was being flat towed ... :D :D