KING KONG cybertruck wiper not very futuristic...here is how to produce the look this trucks deserves...

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I'm curious as to your college town that recieves 10 meters of snow per year, as per your provided numbers.
My numbers are annual accumulative. That area is known for heavy snowfalls due to Lake affect snow.

https://www.keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall2.php

I believe the 400 plus record year was in the Late 80ā€™s which this website doesnā€™t go back too. I remember a large sign boasting about it and showing the height of the snow in a thermometer like way.

Although the temperatures do get down to -20ā€™s and lower, that is not the norm. More often is temperatures near freezing (25 to 35Ā°F) which is when we usually see the most snow fall as well as the heaviest snow.

Sure engineering can build something to counter my real winter, but I doubt seriously it'll be anything thought about from a car engineer in California.
The engineers may live in California, but they have been making cars for about a decade and selling them in places that have ā€œrealā€ winters. They may have overlooked some winter conditions in the beginning, but they have learned. I have confidence in Tesla. See the ice breaker on the Model X as an example. (Just donā€™t put your finger in it :) )

Unless itā€˜s a small amount of snow, I always brush off my car and clean out the snow and ice in the area around the wipers before driving anyway. I really donā€™t think concealed wipers will be all that big of a deal. Iā€™m kinda hoping for them to be concealed, but Iā€™ll take whatever Tesla gives us. Even if itā€™s the ā€œBig Ass Wiperā€ (BAW).

(edit - added the following)

I keep a large push broom near my parking spot at home and just push the snow off my car from one side to the other. That is one of the many things I liked about the prototype CT, the big flat space with virtually no nooks and crannies. With all vehicles Iā€™ve had so far, once I finished clearing the main snow with the broom Iā€™d have to come back and clean out the wiper area. If wipers are concealed, I can just push the snow off the concealed placed with the broom.

I cannot easily fit a large push broom in my current Jeep, so when Iā€™m not home I have to use a small snow brush to clear any snow on my car. Looking forward to keeping a full sized push broom in the vault of my CT so I will have one wherever I am.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I cannot easily fit a large push broom in my current Jeep, so when Iā€™m not home I have to use a small snow brush to clear any snow on my car. Looking forward to keeping a full sized push broom in the vault of my CT so I will have one wherever I am.
Grab yourself a telescopic painters pole and stick that on your broom. You can get pretty small ones of those, even in aluminium. Should fit in your Jeep then.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
For all the people living in the land of snow and ice, here is a description of how the doors and wiper handle inclement weather. This guy was 1 of 3 invited to Tesla before the delivery event that got to see and ask engineers anything he wanted to know about.

Listen to what he has to say about the work that went into keeping doors available in thick ice and using the BAW during inclement weather.

Also if you back up about 1 minute, he talks about the testing of the CT glass for hail strikes.

Sponsored