Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Model 3, '17 RX350, eventually CT
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
...because Elon is a wannabe celebrity
He is a celebrity. He is famous, one of the richest people on earth, the face of his companies and frequently interviews or presents, and is known by most people. ?

Some people believe they know what celebrities are like as a human based on a small sample of what they share with the world, and proceed to judge them, when it is incredibly difficult to understand what their life might be like. We don't really know celebrities. We know of them and of the things they have done.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
You would understand Elon more if you read the biography "Elon Musk" by Walter Isaacson (600pgs). The first 5 pages will tell you that what you are saying is wrong. He is in fact a freaking beast himself. If he gets in a cage with Zuck he will destroy him. Yes, he has Aspergers which can cause someone to be interpreted as being a jerk one minute and kind the next. As far as a "wannabe celebrity" Elon IS a celebrity and travels in circles normal income people could not fathom. He owns 6 companies not just two and after he decided to change his vote to Red from Blue, the US gov't has now opened 9 lawsuits against him and his companies to take him down.
Ladies and gentlemen, here's a man who has a large portrait of Elon's groin above the mantle in his home.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
He is a celebrity. He is famous, one of the richest people on earth, the face of his companies and frequently interviews or presents, and is known by most people. ?

Some people believe they know what celebrities are like as a human based on a small sample of what they share with the world, and proceed to judge them, when it is incredibly difficult to understand what their life might be like. We don't really know celebrities. We know of them and of the things they have done.
Is Jeff Bezos a celebrity?

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Is Jeff Bezos a celebrity?
Definitively, yes. Maybe we're having a miscommunication due to semantics, but a 'celebrity' is a famous person. They, of course, are not movie stars or pop stars.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Definitively, yes. Maybe we're having a miscommunication due to semantics, but a 'celebrity' is a famous person. They, of course, are not movie stars or pop stars.
CEOs of businesses are not celebrities, no matter how well they are known to the public.

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
CEOs of businesses are not celebrities, no matter how well they are known to the public.
I agree that being a CEO does not mean you're famous, there's tons of not-famous CEOs. Being one of the richest people on earth and having such a huge influence on the world and everyone in it means everyone probably knows who you are. Which means Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Elon Musk are famous, thus celebrities. These people are INCREEEDIBLY famous.

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Celebrity is a condition of fame and broad public recognition of a person or group as a result of the attention given to them by mass media. An individual may attain a celebrity status from having great wealth, their participation in sports or the entertainment industry, their position as a political figure, or even from their connection to another celebrity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Celebrity is a condition of fame and broad public recognition of a person or group as a result of the attention given to them by mass media. An individual may attain a celebrity status from having great wealth, their participation in sports or the entertainment industry, their position as a political figure, or even from their connection to another celebrity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity
Crazy. I guess I'm a celebrity then.

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Are you asking because you care, or asking because I offended you and you have a point you'd like to make?

By all means, let's hear your resume since you're so interested. Can't wait to hear about the world's most interesting man: "Mattsplat" which I assume your name is Matt and you... Splat things?
Nope. Nothing special. Just an airline pilot here. I fly people places and I am pretty good at it. It just is a little irksome sometimes seeing people criticize one of the most successful humans to have lived on the planet. I gripe too so maybe I am a bit of a hypocrite, I definitely have some beef with the way Tesla is operated but I just genuinely wonder what some people are doing with their life when they so easily rip apart such accomplished men online.

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Everyone is entitled to form an opinion based on their observations. Qualifications are not required. I feel a lot of Elon's quirks and behaviors that make him unlikable are partially influenced by his Asperger's syndrome. He is petty, has anti social outbursts and is vindictive. I personally admire his professional accomplishments, but I would never want to have a friend like him.

Similarly I do not like Lady Gaga's personality, but god damn she is talented and I love her music!
I think I can agree with most of that. Not a Gaga fan but she us objectively talented, no doubt.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.