Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
So, it's funny that one of the things I'm most excited about on the CT is the L-track.

Instead of speculating on rumors about things, let's talk something concrete while we wait for the CT.
  1. What L-track parts will you order?
  2. What will be good to have?
  3. What is your favorite online site for getting them?
    1. https://www.uscargocontrol.com/sear...products]=show&options[prefix]=last&q=l-track
    2. https://www.customtiedowns.com/tie-downs/l-track-tie-downs/
  4. Do we need to order early to avoid the rush of CT owners getting theirs?

GO!
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I love the Cybertruck bed because of how customizable it would be with Tslots and Ltracks. Personally for me I do a lot of traveling for work and if i'm going away for more than just a few days, i've considered the possibility of putting an air mattress in the back and using it as my camper instead of going to a hotel.

With the Ltracks I could have a little shelf for my alarm clock. I could secure a monitor arm to it and watch TV shows saved to a USB device, or even netflix if i connect my phone.
There are already really good portable electric coolers that are small and can still get cold enough for frozen meals so you could secure a cooler and a cheap microwave in the back to save money on always eating out.

now there are also the obvious uses for them like securing down cargo. The cybertruck will make securing as many things down as you want a lot easier than any other truck.

I think most uses for these will be for organizing work trucks. A couple roof racks with lots of individual storage contains attacked to the floor using the Tslots or the walls using the Ltracks will be a dream come true for work vehicles. All of the customization they want with it being easily removeable for resale in the future.

CiberMods

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri Motor
Country flag
The L tracks are going to be very useful! You should check out how the aviation industry uses them. I have been pulling a lot of inspiration from the applications they have for that system of mounting. I hope the final truck implements T slots in the bed (though there is more evidence against that idea from the recent photos of the truck bed in Texas) a combination of those two systems would be epic in its versatility.
What I like about the L track is the versatility and strength of the system. I am planing on using a sort of clamp force with the l track but they have a lot of attachments that can fix to the L track to turn it into whatever you want. Hooks, loops, threads, nets, and tie down anchors.

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The L tracks are going to be very useful! You should check out how the aviation industry uses them. I have been pulling a lot of inspiration from the applications they have for that system of mounting.
links?

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
When were L-tracks confirmed. I guess I missed that update. Or is this also speculation?

CiberMods

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri Motor
Country flag
So there isn’t a ton of information about L track or aviation track out there. No wiki that I could find. Dug a bit and found the SAE spec for them: AMS-QQ-A-200/11
They are used for mounting commercial airline seats to the fuselage and securing cargo in aviation.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Hammock mount points

Besides standard tie down points, not sure if will use to strap my dive down, build an insert so nothing shifts and organized how I like or a bit of both. I am even thinking of an instal water heater plug-in so I can take a hot shower while my dive buddies are looking on with envy.

Dont care about range reduction as long as I can get home.

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hammock mount points

Besides standard tie down points, not sure if will use to strap my dive down, build an insert so nothing shifts and organized how I like or a bit of both. I am even thinking of an instal water heater plug-in so I can take a hot shower while my dive buddies are looking on with envy.

Dont care about range reduction as long as I can get home.
They do make point of use on demand heaters, might work on 15 Amps but probably not much flow.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
They do make point of use on demand heaters, might work on 15 Amps but probably not much flow.
I just need enough heat to make the dive team jealous. Camp shower bag left in the sun usually provides more than enough heat so not going to go overboard.

I would also need to gin up water pressure.
Sponsored