Look how good Cybertruck looks with blacked-out bed top

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
No worries, but why not elaborate on what you like or don't like.
Well, I could but then I'd have to use like words and stuff and like type on the keyboard and think and sh*t.............
Sponsored

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
No seriously, what I do not want is a conceptional splice in an attempt to please those who say..........now that looks more like a real truck to me. You know like the Rivian, an attempt not to confuse anyone, for all the wrong reasons, and failing miserably, in every way.......blacking the sails or cutting off the sails, I'm not digging it.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And I was referring to the original post, by the way.......not you rendition Sirfun........playing with the aesthetics I'm cool with, just not into trying to make the design look traditional. I'm not trying to take the wind out of your sails........

Last edited:

HoosierCampers

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Look how good Cybertruck looks with blacked-out bed top CD7C8763-CD08-47A2-AE1F-66F15F973EC9

I watched the reveal again this afternoon and noticed the picture on the far right. Looks like the area that you’ve blacked out? Could this be access to the vault or additional storage? Haven’t seen any mention or speculation in other posts/forums.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Storage area there speculated on in other formats.........

mramosc

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I played around with this too. Personally my one dislike with CT is the wheels and tires. I was thinking the black stripe on the side could be used to differentiate the models. Single, Dual, and Tri stripes.
cybertruckside2.jpg

Love your design, very similar to something I drew :) I also didn't like the wheels.

I especially like your idea of the stripes next to the front wheel to differentiate the models, I might copy it if you don't mind.

mramosc

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No seriously, what I do not want is a conceptional splice in an attempt to please those who say..........now that looks more like a real truck to me. You know like the Rivian, an attempt not to confuse anyone, for all the wrong reasons, and failing miserably, in every way.......blacking the sails or cutting off the sails, I'm not digging it.
I completely agree, it's like almost embarrassingly admitting that the sail looks bad and trying to hide it by just painting black (BTW, I would have preferred the CT not to have that sail, but it is what is is)

I like what Sirfun has drawn, which although also blackens the sail in a similar way, it makes it in a more artistic way, which looks more natural, and not just trying to "erase" the sail.

My drawing below does something similar to the sail, but in a very subtle way:

Tesla Cybertruck Look how good Cybertruck looks with blacked-out bed top L E signed

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
In my opinion, the attempt to improve the design was unsuccessful. Yes, it looks a bit more like a conventional PU. But in my opinion it can't be the goal because it always will be a half done job.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am really liking the brushed ss look and design as time goes on. I am not going to wrap it or paint it. Hiding the sail in black does not hide it on the road only in the pictures of it with the black background. I don’t think people will like it as much once they see the black sail in real life conditions.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Love your design, very similar to something I drew :) I also didn't like the wheels.

I especially like your idea of the stripes next to the front wheel to differentiate the models, I might copy it if you don't mind.
Absolutely don't mind. I kinda borrowed the 2 stripes and tires from someone else. it's all for fun anyway.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I personally don't like the sail blacked out as it interrupts the natural design flow of this awesome disruptor. I do like the color wraps especially with subtle accents.

I'll keep mine bare stainless, but, man, I like this wheel and tire combo:

Tesla Cybertruck Look how good Cybertruck looks with blacked-out bed top ima

I'm not skilled at photo shop. Can someone put these on the original body finish so we can see what it looks like?

Thanks.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I personally don't like the sail blacked out as it interrupts the natural design flow of this awesome disruptor. I do like the color wraps especially with subtle accents.

I'll keep mine bare stainless, but, man, I like this wheel and tire combo:

image.jpeg

I'm not skilled at photo shop. Can someone put these on the original body finish so we can see what it looks like?

Thanks.
quick cut and paste, lighting isn't right though.

Tesla Cybertruck Look how good Cybertruck looks with blacked-out bed top cybertruckside4

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
That is way better than the ones during the reveal.
Sponsored