JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Registration depends on your state. Most don't really care if you change the color.

Wraps just peel off when damaged. They aren't usually using adhesives, the plastic is kinda static clinging. Which is why it works on glass, too.

No one knows what options will be available when, yet, not even Elon. You might have to wait for a third party solution for the wheel. But given the size of the queue, that might not be as long as the wait for the truck!

-Crissa
Are you a Masshole too?
Sponsored

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
In the Worcester Area its late pre-order but looking forward to getting one.
Hey, CTT, I am as well. Fairly early reservation. If I am blessed to get one of these monsters while they are still scarce, I will be happy to do a meet up, like say some Saturday morning at the Auburn SuperCharger. A guy up near Littleton did that in early 2018 with his Model 3 and I am happy to pay it forward.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
I didn't want to clutter the board with a Massachusetts specific post, so I placed this here.

So, I went to the Pru Center showroom today to view the CyberTruck. Looks great. Certainly doesn't look huge in the low suspension setting. But the most relevant thing to me was some of the information I got from talking to the employee greeting customers into the showroom.

MA has the expanded Mor-EV program that covers trucks, and the CT could potentially be eligible for a state tax rebate just like the Fed rebate- $7500 for trucks under $80,000.

When the delivery event occurred and pricing was finally revealed, I was a bit disappointed at the price jump, but was okay with it, as I figured at $79,990, the All Wheel Drive version would qualify for $7.5K Fed IRA rebate and $7.5K MA Mor-EV rebate. I had also read that FSD was considered an add on accessory, not a factory feature included in the vehicle cost for tax rebate purchases. But....

Employee in Boston was not familiar with the Mor-EV for trucks program. But regarding the <$55k MA rebate for the Model Y, he did say that Massachusetts adds the Destination Fee to the price, so a Model Y needs to have a sell price of $53,XXX to qualify as a sub-$55k vehicle in MA. So, he said at $79,990, the AWD vehicle would qualify for the Fed rebate but not the Massachusetts rebate. AND he says FSD is added in- at least in MA, nut sure about Fed.

I wanted to let all my fellow Massholes know about the maths involved in the purchase of the CT. I think, if this is true and we miss out on a $7500 rebate by just $1000, that would be a real groin kick! Don't know if there is any way to get Tesla's attention, but I wonder if they would tweak the numbers for MA deliveries if they were aware of this situation. I feel like tweeting Elon is like a peeing in a river, but when there are anomalies and disparities like this, Tesla has been known to react to help out their customers. Cheers!

Warbird

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 75
Country flag
I didn't want to clutter the board with a Massachusetts specific post, so I placed this here.

So, I went to the Pru Center showroom today to view the CyberTruck. Looks great. Certainly doesn't look huge in the low suspension setting. But the most relevant thing to me was some of the information I got from talking to the employee greeting customers into the showroom.

MA has the expanded Mor-EV program that covers trucks, and the CT could potentially be eligible for a state tax rebate just like the Fed rebate- $7500 for trucks under $80,000.

When the delivery event occurred and pricing was finally revealed, I was a bit disappointed at the price jump, but was okay with it, as I figured at $79,990, the All Wheel Drive version would qualify for $7.5K Fed IRA rebate and $7.5K MA Mor-EV rebate. I had also read that FSD was considered an add on accessory, not a factory feature included in the vehicle cost for tax rebate purchases. But....

Employee in Boston was not familiar with the Mor-EV for trucks program. But regarding the <$55k MA rebate for the Model Y, he did say that Massachusetts adds the Destination Fee to the price, so a Model Y needs to have a sell price of $53,XXX to qualify as a sub-$55k vehicle in MA. So, he said at $79,990, the AWD vehicle would qualify for the Fed rebate but not the Massachusetts rebate. AND he says FSD is added in- at least in MA, nut sure about Fed.

I wanted to let all my fellow Massholes know about the maths involved in the purchase of the CT. I think, if this is true and we miss out on a $7500 rebate by just $1000, that would be a real groin kick! Don't know if there is any way to get Tesla's attention, but I wonder if they would tweak the numbers for MA deliveries if they were aware of this situation. I feel like tweeting Elon is like a peeing in a river, but when there are anomalies and disparities like this, Tesla has been known to react to help out their customers. Cheers!
Wow, $15K off would mean a dual motor for $65K in MA! That is $35K less than the Cyberbeast would be, impressive. If you bought one of each it would even out right?!

I would say two things: 1. The situation will be different when deliveries start. 2. I agree Tesla could very well make adjustments to accommodate us.

Here is what is included in MSRP from MOR-EV:
" The Total MSRP includes all costs associated with a vehicle as recommended by the manufacturer. It encompasses the base price of the vehicle, additional features and packages (including but not limited to battery upgrades, autonomous upgrades, wheel and tire packages, paint options, audio and infotainment system) and destination charges as suggested by the manufacturer and listed on the vehicle's Monroney label or window sticker. The Total MSRP does not include any OEM or dealership discounts or markups, applicable taxes, registration fees, documentation fees or additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom. "

Last edited:
OP
OP

JRu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee, BMW R1200R
Occupation
Gymja Warrior
Country flag
great analysis. So did seeing it in person re-excite or disappoint you? All the review videos I've watched now rave about it, except for basically price, pass-through window, and built-in lift gate.

the other thing we really don't know is when we realistically get "the call" it will most likely be 2025, and we just don't know what the state and federal rebates will be. Just like any factory/build changes that will happen over the next year+ I guess we'll just have to wait and see and not stress over it

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
great analysis. So did seeing it in person re-excite or disappoint you? All the review videos I've watched now rave about it, except for basically price, pass-through window, and built-in lift gate.

the other thing we really don't know is when we realistically get "the call" it will most likely be 2025, and we just don't know what the state and federal rebates will be. Just like any factory/build changes that will happen over the next year+ I guess we'll just have to wait and see and not stress over it
To be honest, I had seen so many pictures of CTs in showrooms that it actually looked about like I expected. Really cool. Kind of surreal. But well put together. I guess it kind of re-excited me, (but I wasn't jumping off a cliff before). Tesla never said anything about a mid-gate. That was online conjecture that took a life of its own. So, I wasn't expecting a mid-gate or a rear pass thru window anyway. For me the only disappointment was the price. And I was pretty excited by the revolutionary tech, particularly love the Jason Camissa review!
My wife, who originally thought this thing was a weird-mobile, really liked it in person. She kept saying it looks like it came from the future. She will have no problems riding around in it, and, has no problems with us splurging for it.
Your point about waiting till the time comes to worry about prices is a valid one. For me, I have a pretty early reservation (~19,900 in the crowd-share queue), so I will probably get "the call" in 2024. I just hope Tesla MA is on the ball and is registering with MOR-EV and looking at the rebate ramifications before my number gets to the top of the pile. Cheers!

OP
OP

JRu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gymja Warrior
Country flag
I've watched a few videos now and it does appear to be a truly amazing vehicle. I'm hoping when I get the call insurance will be offered here. I don't know when it supposed to come here, but that would certainly be cheaper than current insurers that don't know how to value accidents and replacement parts.

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag

Homy shit theres one at the pru??

OP
OP

JRu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gymja Warrior
Country flag
seriously! Now I guess I gotta get into the city. Doubt they'll ship one to Peabody any time soon :(

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Tesla moved the Boston CT to Peabody!
Surprised, but glad they are spreading the Cyber Love. When I was at the Boylston St store on Sunday, the Tesla guy at the door said he expected it to be there for a long time. Wouldn't shock me if this shows up at the brand-new Mohegan Sun store in the near future.
Sponsored