Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
This is what I was wanting to see.

Summary by @CoyoteJim (copied from below):

- Yes, there will be heat and a/c to the vault.
- Probably, there will be a pass through to the vault from the back seat (under or over the rolled up tonneau cover?).
- Partial implementation of bio weapon defense mode. (I wonder why only partially- it’s certainly big enough for the HEPA filter)

Musk's recent tweet:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 85D, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
Me too ?

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
Ok, so that means:
- Yes, there will be heat and a/c to the vault.
- Probably, there will be a pass through to the vault from the back seat (under or over the rolled up tonneau cover?).
- Partial implementation of bio weapon defense mode. (I wonder why only partially- it’s certainly big enough for the HEPA filter)

OP
OP
Saskateam

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Partially implemented bio weapon defence mode, is likely due to the cab versus the vault. You can make the cab sealed off but everything in the vault is still exposed. The model x has the ability to seal everything in the cab off from outside. If the make the vault accessible from the cab then this needs to be explained to some people. There is a reason coffee cups from fast food places say “Coffee is Hot”.

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
I am hoping there are controls from within the vault to open it. What happens if the battery dies or the vault jams. I guess we better plan for the worst? What are the chances you can break the back window and get into the cab. Probably a release to manually slide the Vault would be in order.

Last edited:

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
This will be great if back seats can fold down with a big enough pass-through to have a custom mattress extend into the bed. You can have your body in the vault with your head in the cab area for heat, light and entertainment. Cybertruck getting better and better!

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Also, there should be a shut-off to the vault for hazard defence, so at least the cabin is protected. I really assumed that would be the case given it is a perfect bug out vehicle.

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
So let me get this straight...anti zombie vault with HVAC and bio defense- partially. This will be coolest truck ever and so much more. If I had any more kids, I would strongly consider naming them after Elon. And on a side note, the ablative armor over all windows would be awesome.

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
This will be great if back seats can fold down with a big enough pass-through to have a custom mattress extend into the bed. You can have your body in the vault with your head in the cab area for heat, light and entertainment. Cybertruck getting better and better!
The pass through would have to be water tight and debris tight. I think the bed is meant mostly for hauling, to add a pass through seems like it might add some room for problems of material leaching into the cab. I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but it would have to be done really well.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Maybe the pass-through would just be below the sealed window? Seems might be the case because the back of the seats would be lower folded down then the window. To your point I do wonder how to keep debris out of the t-slots of the vault bed.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I am getting happier all the news from Elon regarding the Cybertruck.:D

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Yep, like other have said, Cybertruck is becoming more and more versatile. It can be anything you need. Large family SUV, Durable enclosed camper (Cyber-Glamping?), automated security patroller. .etc etc.. Elon is always welcome to comment! HA, or better yet an update with a feature walk around of the CT!
Sponsored