Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
For sure!
Maybe not the bed cover, but the cargo door. It would be like a normal trunk door emergency system.
Do all locking camper shells have a way to open them from the inside when locked? Or truck bed covers? Perhaps it isn't that well regulated.
Sponsored

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
For sure!
Maybe not the bed cover, but the cargo door. It would be like a normal trunk door emergency system.
Break the glass? Have you ever tried to break the glass with your hand?

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Really... really??? Do you really think this awesome Pickup would exist if there were focus groups?
Good point about the focus groups; however, the technical requirements for any airborne biohazard protection system are numerous with some complexity. I just don’t think it’s economically viable or practical to offer on mass produced vehicles. ?

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Good point about the focus groups; however, the technical requirements for any airborne biohazard protection system are numerous with some complexity. I just don’t think it’s economically viable or practical to offer on mass produced vehicles. ?
I agree, they have been able to keep the base price down to that of a 3, so I'm not going to complain.

CarsBarsMars

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus, Infiniti, BMW
Country flag
Yes it is. There is no way they will devote that much weight to one of these.
Sorry, but Elon musk who actually makes the decision whether or not to put a cyber truck into a rocket and shoot it in any direction has already said that he wants to see a cyber truck driving on Mars. So possibly 20 years from now he’s going to stick one on his latest model rocket for a publicity stunt and send it there, who knows if it works well maybe they’ll ship more of them there.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
I am glad to see some thought being put into this.

here are my thoughts:

-the body could easily be made from thinner steel or aluminum in a mars version, but why bother? He will have the heavy lift capability and can send a launch every month if needed. And spare steel sheets won’t go to waste on Mars.
- In theory your solar panels could be huge and fold out from a rack above the bed. Less weight means you can cantilever farther. So a CT that charges itself when stationary is very possible. For stationary charging you could even have a flexible mat that you stake to the ground and roll the truck to deploy.
-Martian pressure suits aren’t as bulky as space suits. There’s no reason for them to be larger than Star Wars genre Armor like the Troopers or Boba Fett. It depends on the design of the transport, will you depressirize the cabin and put on a helmet to exit, or will it have a nasa style airlock at the back? Picture one with no doors and it would be easy to operate it in a suit.
-Musk has said that a CT on Mars is a dream of his so we can expect at least one.
Starship COULD lift 146 Cybertrucks with a lift capacity of 220,000 pounds. How many would fit in the cargo space? Not sure

CarsBarsMars

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus, Infiniti, BMW
Country flag
Starship COULD lift 146 Cybertrucks with a lift capacity of 220,000 pounds. How many would fit in the cargo space? Not sure
that other guy says it’s too heavy though. ?

let’s say you send 50 CTs I’m packing crates with all the spare space filled with other mars bound items...... that’s more CTs than Mars will need for a while.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
that other guy says it’s too heavy though. ?

let’s say you send 50 CTs I’m packing crates with all the spare space filled with other mars bound items...... that’s more CTs than Mars will need for a while.
Maybe Santa will deliver one for you. ????
It's a good statement for publicity and marketing. The current weight and materials just wouldn't be appropriate.

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
It will be quite perfect for my Borg Alcove with a temperature of 102.38F. A four hour regeneration should be very comfortable with ablative armor deployed. o_O

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
Yep, like other have said, Cybertruck is becoming more and more versatile. It can be anything you need. Large family SUV, Durable enclosed camper (Cyber-Glamping?), automated security patroller. .etc etc.. Elon is always welcome to comment! HA, or better yet an update with a feature walk around of the CT!
Cyberglamping with your Cybergirl, no doubt :oops::love:(y)

Ludus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick SUV
Country flag
220,000 /146 is about 1500. Do you think CT weighs 1500 lbs?

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Wouldn't be interesting if the back seats would fold up and the back of the bed would flip down into the cab. Provided that it is water tight when closed again. That would allow for a way of extending the bed and cool sleeping options.
Sponsored