Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Exactly what I just posted. That would be pretty sweet.
A few things I think will argue against the Avalanche concept in the CT. First off, as a practical design matter, the roll-top cover storage needs to be fit in there somewhere. Second, the Avalanche, although somewhat successful, was recently discontinued - it wasn't popular enough to sustain as a model all its own.

I know a few who had the vehicle, and they said it was not super convenient to use, so they rarely put the truck into that configuration.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
220,000 /146 is about 1500. Do you think CT weighs 1500 lbs?
oh right that was maybe 1,500 lbs more then a f150. So Starship could carry 36 Cybertrucks if it weighs around 3 tons.

Dixon1430

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
SRNA
Country flag
If it’s access to the bed like Chevy Avalanche it also means CT can carry 8’ loads with the tailgate up.

If they turn this thing into a chevy avalanche I'm canceling my pre-order. That thing was a complete turd... I actually always hated the 'sails' like on the avalanche and ridgeline... however, I like what Tesla has done and love the cybertruck.

I'm fine with having the tailgate down to carry larger things. I want to keep the inside nice and clean!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
If they turn this thing into a chevy avalanche I'm canceling my pre-order. That thing was a complete turd... I actually always hated the 'sails' like on the avalanche and ridgeline... however, I like what Tesla has done and love the cybertruck.

I'm fine with having the tailgate down to carry larger things. I want to keep the inside nice and clean!
Huh, Then just don't roll down the back window.

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag

The Cybertruck is Elon's baby project. No way it turns out to be a turd. You can tell by the specs they're throwing out for it already, this thing is going to perform and bring all sorts of novel features to the truck/pickup world.

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Bioweapon defense mode requires pressurization. Can't do that when accessing the back as it will not be sealed enough to be pressurized. JMHO.
Actually pressurization isn’t even rocket science. lol. just need a fan that can create enough pressure and volume to overcome the total leakage plus whatever positive pressure setpoint you want to maintain.
Sponsored