My CT received a bunch of scary alerts while driving!

MonicaDLR

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan GTS-Teslas: M3, MS, MX, Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
I was driving my CT, driving normal and at the speed limit all of a sudden I received ABS disabled alert, traction control disabled alert, automatic emergency braking unavailable, stability control disabled and vehicle hold feature unavailable. The truck would jolt when I accelerated and then drive bumpy as if I was driving over ridges. Has anyone had this issue ?? This was scary! considering I was driving with my kids. ( I have a service center appointment today ) sooo bummed!

tempImageTGNDIA.png
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I was driving my CT, driving normal and at the speed limit all of a sudden I received ABS disabled alert, traction control disabled alert, automatic emergency braking unavailable, stability control disabled and vehicle hold feature unavailable. The truck would jolt when I accelerated and then drive bumpy as if I was driving over ridges. Has anyone had this issue ?? This was scary! considering I was driving with my kids. ( I have a service center appointment today ) sooo bummed!

tempImageTGNDIA.png
Did you get it into service? Looks like all break related so you may want to get it towed in instead of driving it.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, I had those errors along with others. They identified the problem and replaced the faulty Low Voltage Wire Harness.

What other errors did you have? If you go back to your Cybertruck and scroll down you can see them all. The other errors associated with those were that the rear steering stopped working. If you exit the car and let it reset it will clear the problems, but more than likely it will happen again. Create a service appointment.

ChristoN

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MS LR, 2022 MYP
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

tempImageTGNDIA.png
I had this happen once on my model S after having it detailed. I think a sensor got wet and threw the system out of whack. Next morning everything was fine.

Alejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S Plaid, X, Highland 3, Cybertruck Soon!
Country flag
What’s your truck’s s/n? Does sound like that wire harness issue. That’s a big repair so I’m wondering if newer s/n’s are having this issue. If they are Tesla’s problem looks very expensive.

OP
OP
MonicaDLR

MonicaDLR

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
Right now, would love to know how the service appointment worked out for you
I was scheduled to take the truck in the very next day and they postponed me till Thursday! 🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s just sitting in my driveway for now ☹

OP
OP
MonicaDLR

MonicaDLR

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
Yes, I had those errors along with others. They identified the problem and replaced the faulty Low Voltage Wire Harness.

What other errors did you have? If you go back to your Cybertruck and scroll down you can see them all. The other errors associated with those were that the rear steering stopped working. If you exit the car and let it reset it will clear the problems, but more than likely it will happen again. Create a service appointment.
Those were the only errors. How long was your CT in service ?

OP
OP
MonicaDLR

MonicaDLR

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
What’s your truck’s s/n? Does sound like that wire harness issue. That’s a big repair so I’m wondering if newer s/n’s are having this issue. If they are Tesla’s problem looks very expensive.
S/N 1868

OP
OP
MonicaDLR

MonicaDLR

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation