My Cybertruck camper design

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
In my design the rear glass will be removed to create a pass through into the camper
Sponsored

Deleted member 3316

Hey everyone

My use case is a bit different from most people as I plan to live full time in my Cybertruck, which is what I currently do with my Jeep Wrangler 4xe. I spend 6 months stealth camping in NYC and the other 6 months I go to warmer places like LA, Florida, Utah, Mexico and so on. So my vehicle needs to be both practical for long term overlanding and stealth enough to park in city streets and parking lots overnight. My jeep works perfectly and I suspect the Cybertruck will be even better. Here's the design I'm planning to build once I get the correct dimensions of the Cybertruck. I already have most of the gear in my jeep so I'd just swap everything over once I get the camper built. I'm debating the pop-top feature as I like the safety, privacy and cleanliness of having my vehicle fully sealed off from the outside world, currently the only time I wish for standing height is when I have to take a shower in my jeep, If I do build the camper with the pop-top, I'd probably only open it when taking showers so I can stand straight.

Complete - test.png
Have you considered a hinge design rather than a slide mechanism for the solar panels? It might be lighter, and also provide more useful shade to one side of the truck.