Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
I might be a little late to this party but I'm gonna add my two cents to the mix of what I would do.

I was talking to others and @Crissa in another post about how I can't do much unless I have something tangible in hand to build off of or build with so I'd have to wait.

1). I would build a drawer system first to house my recovery gear and mini kitchen. Would have to make space for a ARB fridge/freezer somewhere.

2). I would take the OP's design and make it just for two and only fold up from the angle of thebed so its flat instead of angled at fully open. This way there's plenty of room even with the drawer system under us, maybe even (if you can picture it) that toilet towards the gate for privacy orjust mound it on the hitch with some designs ive been thinking of.

3). With the Tent at full open I'd take the bat wing design awning with the flexible solar panels on top (maybe we can get them to fold column by column to pack up nicely off the side of the CT long wise)

4). **Possibilities** I also have plans for the side panels similar to the "transformer truck F-150" at SEMA 2019 to store tools or shower water tanks, possible power station with a GOAL ZERO similar generator to charge battery power tools on the go or power the fridge... I have more in mind but like I said these are just concepts (some probably not plausible) and I need the truck to actually test out my ideas.

Thanks for reading :D?(y)
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.55.39 AM

Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.49.53 AM
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.52.08 AM
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.53.53 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
4). **Possibilities** I also have plans for the side panels similar to the "transformer truck F-150" at SEMA 2019 to store tools or shower water tanks, possible power station with a GOAL ZERO similar generator to charge battery power tools on the go or power the fridge... I have more in mind but like I said these are just concepts (some probably not plausible) and I need the truck to actually test out my ideas.
Agreed you need the truck to test wild ideas, like the transformer F-150, but I think you may need to reconsider that particular idea. The CT is an exoskeleton, the panels are the structure, so they aren't moving.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Agreed you need the truck to test wild ideas, like the transformer F-150, but I think you may need to reconsider that particular idea. The CT is an exoskeleton, the panels are the structure, so they aren't moving.
Totally agreed but where theres a will, theres a way just to test out stuff.... If its not possible I go to plan B and fabricate things onto it or build clip on parts similar to saddle bags for motorcycles.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Totally agreed but where theres a will, theres a way just to test out stuff.... If its not possible I go to plan B and fabricate things onto it or build clip on parts similar to saddle bags for motorcycles.
One thing I've noticed is that many people are thinking about what to do in the truck bed. But I have yet to see any plans for the frunk short of hoping to put in a winch. Seems like that extra space could be used creatively since the hood itself would not be structural per say and it is an area of the vehicle that is not available for use in an ICE vehicle.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
This Interesting New Truck Camper Weighs Less Than I Do
BY JUSTIN HOUSMAN | APRIL 24, 2018

A few weeks back I was sitting in my local café/office, staring out the window, when a Toyota Tacoma rumbled past with a strange-looking camper shell bolted to the back. “Leentu” it read on the side. I’d never seen anything quite like it before. It looked like a lightweight fiberglass shell, with strange windows and a pop-up tent, none of which is that revolutionary, I suppose, but there was something decidedly futuristic about it. I did some digging.
Leentu, it turns out, is just getting off the ground. They’ve just begun taking pre-orders for their shells back in March. I recently met with co-founder Scott Surface, a former construction management pro, to check out his prototype and to find out what Leentu’s all about. Surface had just returned from a multi-state trek, part of a long-term durability and usability test. His prototype shell was dirty, stickered, and clearly well-loved.
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design moab
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design snow

Leentu is designed to be light. Incredibly so. They’ll offer two constructions: fiberglass or carbon fiber. The fiberglass model will weigh less than 150 pounds. The carbon fiber just 100 pounds. The whole idea is for the camper to be a full-functional adventure-ready shell while maintaining day-to-day usability and handling characteristics. It will fit in most garages. It won’t destroy gas mileage. It won’t feel like there are 1,000 pounds of camper shell weighing down the bed of the truck.

When popped to full height, the Leentu offers well above six feet of standing room from the truck bed to the tent ceiling. The tent is a weatherproof, marine-grade canvas-feeling material. The whole setup is pre-wired for solar power. The rear is a fully hinged, full-height door. Stepping into the prototype’s voluminous interior, all lit-up with afternoon sun beaming through windows (zippered for weather protection) made me weep a little, imagining the cramped confines of the traditional camper shell on my truck back home. Inside, a lofted bed (an 80″ x 48″ included foam mattress is the sleeping surface) sets up easily and converts to a little lounge seating area. LED lighting illuminates and sets the mood.
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design inside

Surface says the roof will easily hold a couple hundred extra pounds, enough to pitch some surfboards, skis, a slug full of camping gear, you name it. The whole thing looks lightweight, customizable, and user-friendly. Compelling, to say the least.
Of course, because Toyota Tacomas are seemingly the only mid-sized trucks purchased in this country, initially the Leentu will be offered only for 2005 to current model Tacomas with longbeds. Plans are underway to fit out the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, the new Ford Ranger, and the short-bed Taco in the future.
Now then—are you sitting down? The cost for the Leentu starts around $10,000 for the fiberglass model and $14,000 for the carbon fiber version. Leentu is offering heavy discounts for early adopters to get overlanders on the program. But a customizable, off-road-ready popup camper with way over six feet of headroom? That has my attention.
Leentu hopes to ship the first orders in fall 2018.
Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck pop-up roof tent design render

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
One thing I've noticed is that many people are thinking about what to do in the truck bed. But I have yet to see any plans for the frunk short of hoping to put in a winch. Seems like that extra space could be used creatively since the hood itself would not be structural per say and it is an area of the vehicle that is not available for use in an ICE vehicle.
People are thinking about the truck bed more is because its just a lot more space to work with. We have this mentality of working with bigger spaces first in the overlanding community on a basis of where do I sleep, what do i eat, and where do i store, at least thats my mentality. (apologizing for generalizing other overlanders)

Could store my ARB fridge there

If its used just for storage I can come up with a bunch of ideas like wet surf gear, beach towels, ski boots, tools, modified for internal winch, modified cooler with a drain plug, wire a solar generator like a goal zero or jackery in it... etc

or instead of the shower idea being integrated like the Transformerf-150 truck side panels, you could just put it in the frunk

Depending on whats around it like the other models you can do a lot with it.

Last edited:

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I'm liking these too.
Hiatus Campers
That was smart. It depends on your climate but I’m liking the hard, insulated walls all over, yet still pop-up.

Would love for it to follow the lines of the CT though. That takes some serious origami skills ?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm liking these too.
Hiatus Campers
That's a cool setup. And they say they can customize to any truck...

What would be really cool would be to have 2 folding levels. The top would be the same as the one they show in their model. But instead of just having a triangle adapter to mate between the CT sails and the folded portion of the camper, they could make the triangular portion fold down over the tonneau. That way the whole thing would just add a couple inches of height to the current shape of the CT.

Overall though I do like having the solid walls with better insulation and strength than a tent sheet. Plus I always worry about the tent sheet campers staying wet after a rain and getting all moldy. With the solid walls at least it would be easy to clean the surface if any mold were to form.

joeguy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
This clamshell camper design is amazing. Now who would be making it? Because this is exactly what I want for light weight travel and camping and easy parking. Great design.
can you imagine if Tesla used this design as their camper topper and you could just use the Tesla app to set up the roof to camping mode.

joeguy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
For camping, I designed a pop-up roof plan on a cybertruck.
Because there is no need to incision the roof of the vehicle to install the pop-up roof,
it is structurally safe and saves time and cost in installing the pop-up roof.
When the popup loop is closed,
It is possible to park in the underground parking lot with a height limit of 2.1m,
and 2 people can sleep in a bed.
If you open the pop-up loop at the campsite,
2 people can sleep in the bed (lower bed) and 2 people in the roof bed (upper bed).
Therefore, a total of 4 people(family) can sleep.
The height of the person icon in the drawing is 175cm.

P1.jpg

P2-칼라.jpg

P3-칼라.jpg

P4-칼라.jpg
Hopefully this design gets to Tesla or some truck topper camper company as this is absolutely amazing. I want one now, well at the same time as the truck. Great job.
Sponsored