Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Isuzu D-Max Extra Cab 2014
Occupation
Boilermaker / Welder
Country flag
Just checked the page. It used to be listed. Not any more though.

Pricing is $60k for single, $70k for dual, $90k for triple. AUD.

https://www.tesla.com/en_au/cybertruck/design#battery
Your right it the price was listed before but they took it off, they cannot predict what future markets will be. And all the tariffs, taxes etc..

That's why I budget for 160k AUD, a bit less than what it costs for those dodge rams and F250

ejay

First Name
EVan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, (Deposit down on the dual motor Cyber Truck)
Country flag
Here is my estimate on Australian Pricing. this calculation is used to estimate the Mid range dual motor CT model with full Autonomous driving (about $102,000 Ozy dollars.) I used the Model 3 with the closest US price to create a formula as per attached on the left. If its a pick up truck there is no Lux car tax. if I am correct. these things are going to sell like hot cakes. the top model would be around 125K. the entry level model with no Autonomous drive calculates out at $69,500
FYI I ran my numbers on a model S and it works to within about 5% ( it over estimates it slightly but I think thats a LCT issue as the Model S gets a discounted LCT value due to efficiency rules.

Tesla Cybertruck My Plan to Net a $99 Per Month Payment on a Cybertruck Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 1.32.14 pm

Last edited:

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Are people gonna want to Turo a billboard? Seems like an either/or type of thing.
That's a good point/question. I would not rent a billboard when we are talking about a luxury car (or anything close to a luxury car). A U-Haul truck truck? Sure. but not a cybertruck.

Moving on, if I could really get $100 a day for a cybertruck via a service like Turo, hell I'd consider renting it 5 days a week or more and just buying a beater to drive around. Or buying a second cybertruck and having the first used as a rental. But I'd have to know more about how insurance works for a service like Turo. And I'd be concerned greatly about how people are going to treat my vehicle if they are renting it.

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
What I'm saying is that it won't matter if I'm going to need my truck 5 to 7 days a week for both work and schlepping kids around.

Really, why own it if you're not going to drive it?
It could become a legitimate money-making business for you if you do it right. That said, I am buying this thing to drive as of the moment. If the business model really is there via a company like Turo (especially when I return to Hawaii and could probably charge even more), however, I would have to think long and hard about proceeding with a plan like Turo.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
If the CT comes with interior video cams you could then have them sign a disclosure (you are being filmed, speeds and mechanical functions of truck are being computer logged, you are responsible for any damages ... blah blah) then I might consider Turo'ing my CT as well.

StainlessSsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM
Country flag
Will Tesla network only allow FSD rides or will it allow someone to drive it also? Will it require removal of the steering wheel???Someone said that steering wheel will always work in Model Y with FSD. Only way to disable it is to remove it.
Sponsored