Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I would gladly put up to half down, but not until I see the final specs and design.
This far ahead of delivery (I'm a Single motor reservation, so it'll be a while) I'd also want to sit in one at least in a showroom, if not test drive one.
Sponsored

glowplug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I would definitely put down a second deposit, and would love if Tesla did this.

Not a percentage since the final price is unknown, but a second deposit of $1000 would solidify ordering priority and generate exceitment (not to mention cash) for Tesla.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Model S 70D, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss, .....
Country flag
I actually came here today to post this very question.

The answer for me is yes, I would plop down a real down payment now to have some sort of a delivery window for my CT, even if that window is up to 4 months wide.

I currently drive an ICE vehicle that is in need of replacement in 1 - 1-1/2 years, and my current CT res # is at around 80,000. I feel that I am stuck as I can't lease a new Tesla now, and even buying a used Tesla would probably not be worth it when factoring in depreciation.

Last edited:

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I am all in and would be happy to put 10% additional funds down.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I'm still debating if I should buy Bitcoin with my down payment while I wait.....

Rev. Leadfoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500
Country flag
I'd put 10-20% down once the details are known. I reserved the night of the reveal. I do need to see the final specs and accessories, since I'm going to be exchanging my diesel tow vehicle (Full-time RV'er) for the tri-motor CT. Details like, how many miles towing a 9000 lb trailer?, can a 5th wheel hitch be installed?, Can I mount a kayak rack?, Will the CT be self-leveling while towing?, etc. So many unknown details to consider. I plan my travel/recreation a year out.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
If Tesla sent me a detailed doc with the specs and a high def video of an outside walk around along with the interior( just needs to be done once [ then all people could be sent it] and it doesn't have to be long 30 secs maybe a minute). Coupled with a legally binding agreement that NO changes will occur to that which I sign, then I would pay 10-50-100%.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I’d pony up a fair amount more to get Tesla to commit to shipping the CT (as is) to Europe (Norway). I can see why it would be more important to see how serious the preorder holders over here were before starting a whole export operation on the CT production lines. I assume our prices will also cover the cost of transportation and export operations too (and lost easy sales in Texas area), else it wouldn’t make much business sense to export the CT which has such a huge market back home in NA. But one boatload or two to Northern Europe would probably suffice to cover current serious preorders so don’t worry (assuming a production line won’t be set up in Berlin).

Last edited:

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I would do it if I got bumped up in line :)
Sponsored