New Email just recd from TESLA about PowerShare: What does it mean?

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Just to clarify for the Cyberbeast FS option, if you don’t have a Powerwall or Gateway does it still include the $4000 installation and the necessary hardware to enable Powershare? I only have their old non universal Tesla Wall connector.
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just to clarify for the Cyberbeast FS option, if you don’t have a Powerwall or Gateway does it still include the $4000 installation and the necessary hardware to enable Powershare? I only have their old non universal Tesla Wall connector.
Im in the same position as you and yes, with FS CB you get the necessary equipment and up to $4k install allowance - so you'll be operational at no cost unless installer charges > $4k which should not be the case if you already have the circuit run (which you do), etc....

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Im in the same position as you and yes, with FS CB you get the necessary equipment and up to $4k install allowance - so you'll be operational at no cost unless installer charges > $4k which should not be the case if you already have the circuit run (which you do), etc....
Cool thanks!

Sanmartindan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD TBD, F150 Lightning, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Insurance Broker
Country flag
this week we had power share hardware installed (we dont have solar nor powerwall).

I asked what happens if I were to order a powerwall, and the guy said the gateways were incompatible so they would pull out the powershare gateway and put a gateway in that works with powerwall

he said eventually the software will work so that a power wall setup can share power

and eventually software will enable new powershare hardware to take a powerwall battery

dan ignorant translation - you can’t currently have a cybertruck acting like a power wall, and also have a powerwall at the same time. Its basicslly like having 2 independent powerwall systems in the same house - ccurrently be done.

But the future is bright

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
If I understand the situation, having received the email (but for the Beast and giving 2 $700 vouchers), I am already set to use PowerShare after the software release. I then am not receiving the Universal wall connector, the Generation 3 gateway, the $4000 installation allowance. And instead, getting $1400 of vouchers. The math seems troubling. Am I missing something? I’m not mad, just disappointed…
I don't think you're missing anything at all.

When I was doing the math to convince myself to go FS vs Non-FS AWD, I factored in the estimated value of the 'included' PowerShare equipment (Universal Wall Connector, Gateway), like I'm sure many on here did.

Now, *because* I have Tesla Solar + PowerWall + Universal Wall Connectors already (!), I'm only getting $700 to spend at the Tesla shop. The UWC is $620. What's the Gateway cost? $1,500 or so?

JesseDGreat

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y and 2022 Model S
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I got the email this morning I guess I’m getting the credit for $700 since I have powerwalls already. Kind of sucks. They should just give us credit for $2k

but I’m hoping that getting this email now means my VIN should follow. It’s been 60 days since configured

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
I’m still excited about getting the FS CB, but incrementally a little less so than Dec 8th when I placed the order. There have been a lot of FUD spread around which I have largely ignored. But there have been some “slaps in the face” by (and I really hate to admit it) by Tesla itself. I’m likely to get over this latest episode, but really, we could have more equitable options given to us. Certainly, the $700 vouchers are a nice gesture, but it does seem a minuscule gesture. Include supercharging, the ability to transfer lifetime supercharging, installation at a second site that is not PowerShare ready, discounted wraps, etc. if it were another company that did this, I’d really be upset. But it is Tesla and most of us early adopters have given them a free pass in the past. But I believe that Tesla could do better by us in this instance.

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Not sure...as I have never checked, but 'settings' for the 'Power Wall' does have 'vehicle charging' that appears to control what amount from Powerwall goes to house and to the car..... when charging off grid; thus it would seem the Powerwall can control power to the Wall Connector?
No, it controls the car's charging system.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Tesla_Logo.png
Hi XXXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for completing the Powershare Home Backup survey.

Since you have Powerwall installed, your home is already on the way to being fully configured for Powershare Home Backup functionality but may require additional home charging equipment to complete your set up.

To finalize your setup, your home charging needs to be backed up by your Powerwall. Home Backup is compatible with any home charging unit, but 240V charging will provide the best experience. Our recommended home charging solutions are Wall Connector or Universal Wall Connector. Home Backup will be available with a software update expected in June. In the meantime, you will still be able to charge your Cybertruck at home.

In place of the Home Backup equipment, we’ll be providing you with a one-time use $700 Tesla Shop voucher. You can use this to purchase home charging to complete your Home Backup setup – or to purchase other charging equipment, apparel, accessories and more. This voucher can only be used once and any unused balance remaining after the transaction will be forfeited. This will be provided to you within two weeks after your Cybertruck delivery.

The Tesla Team​
2024 Tesla, Inc.
wordmark.png
Privacy & Legal
Received similar email except my offer is 2 $700 voucher (FS Cyberbeast). 01/02/2024 order, still waiting g for my VIN.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag

In preparation for your Powershare Home Backup installation, we are training Tesla Certified Installers in your area to ensure they have the expertise required to complete your project.

Once a Certified Installer in your area becomes available, we will connect you. In the meantime, to cover this delay, you will receive two months of free Supercharging. These credits will be added to your account shortly after vehicle delivery.

The Tesla Team”

just got this…this ulimited for 2 months?cross country road trip!
I would rather have 1 year of supercharging then do a 1 year roadtrip in the cyberbeast ;) I just did the survey.

See what happens.

ALTNRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3 LR RWD, 2022 MY LR AWD, CT Fdn AWD ordered
Country flag
I also got this email, and I am wondering if (hoping) the $700 credit is just because I already have the gateway. Will I still have bi-directional capability to use the additional battery storage from the truck to supplement the amount I have in my Powerwall?

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Does anybody have a powershare quote I can use to show the value of the powershare equipment I'm not receiving? I'm trying to email the resolutions team to argue for more than a $700 shop credit. It would be helpful if anybody had a quote for the v3 gateway and any other associated hardware that was required to enable powershare.
Sponsored