Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
This vehicle is so game-changing to the world of American trucks, there will be more CTs on the road than there were VW bugs in the 70s. My prediction is that gawking will be short-lived. It won't be long before the numbers pass the F150, and Ram1500 (my current vehicle).
Nice first post. Welcome! I agree with you though I'm a bit worried because I'm only around 43,000 on the list so at first my Cybertruck will be getting a lot of attention. Funny thing, 2 days ago I had my first Cybertruck dream, well actually it was kind of a nightmare. In the dream I was notified by Tesla I was going to get one of the first Cybertrucks and was worrying about how much attention the darn thing was going to get. I kept asking my wife should I just get it or what. Finally I said it's totally up to you babe you decide.
When these first were revealed I told people these will be like the 65 Mustang. They will start a revolution and be everywhere. You're right, pre 1970 there were almost more Bugs & Mustangs then all the other cars combined.

Cheers
Sponsored

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 VW Bug, RAM 1500, Model 3, Bugatti Royale
Country flag
Nice first post. Welcome! I agree with you though I'm a bit worried because I'm only around 43,000 on the list so at first my Cybertruck will be getting a lot of attention. Funny thing, 2 days ago I had my first Cybertruck dream, well actually it was kind of a nightmare. In the dream I was notified by Tesla I was going to get one of the first Cybertrucks and was worrying about how much attention the darn thing was going to get. I kept asking my wife should I just get it or what. Finally I said it's totally up to you babe you decide.
When these first were revealed I told people these will be like the 65 Mustang. They will start a revolution and be everywhere. You're right, pre 1970 there were almost more Bugs & Mustangs then all the other cars combined.

Cheers
Oh, No! No nightmares - haha!!! Well, the folks giving you additional attention will likely be people like me ... excitedly awaiting our own & have a few questions! Of course there will be a few critics out there .... WHO CARES! No worries! I learned how to drive with my Mom's 66 VW bug :)

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
Hey yall!

So, Ive never been interested in cars or trucks AT ALL. I basically grew up in a dealership and that seemed to of made me numb to cars. My dad has owned and ran new car dealerships my entire life, so they would always drive new and different cars. Ive always thought it was weird that I never had an interest in cars. I drive a 2013 Prius now because its practical and I don’t care what people think (I’m a bigger, bodybuilding type guy too lol...weird looks in my prius.) Anyways, fast forward to the Cybertruck. I LOVE this thing. I think the main reason I love it is because how different it is and actually how functional it is as well....plus price. I’ve never been materialistic and try to take all of my extra money and invest in assets and not things like cars, but this thing is different. I have a concrete business so I can justify writing this off and using it for business as well.

I guess I’m drawn to the cybertruck because its different. Ive never drove a car that got attention so I’m just wondering what that will be like. Have any of you ever drove a car that garnered a lot of attention? My wife doesn’t like it for that reason. I live in a very conservative area (middle GA) and I’m thinking most people will think this thing is Ridiculous. These older southerners are going to give me strange looks with me pulling up on the construction sites in this thing lol. Whatever though.

Im 35, so I grew up playing video games, and a love for the 80s. This thing is part batmobile part back to the future time machine, part something you’d see in a video game. PERFECT! I also have two little boys who would absolutely love it. I love the screen and how simple the interior is...I’m a tech guy so this is right up my alley. Anyways I’m glad to be here, and can’t wait for some news!
I guess I’m drawn to the cybertruck because its different. Ive never drove a car that got attention so I’m just wondering what that will be like. Have any of you ever drove a car that garnered a lot of attention? My wife doesn’t like it for that reason.

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
ColeAce33 I've not been enamored with cars since I was in high school some 60 yrs ago. But now I want it, and can't think of much reason except that its different and after driving our model Y for two and a half years I can't stand to drive my gas truck and have to fill it with gas. at work before retiring they preached to us about paradigm shift and wanted us to think out of the box. This truck is a paradigm shift and it is literally an out of the box design. Also there is a bit of desire to show friends and people there is a better way, electric. Being an electrical engineer I've known that for years. I don't know how successful that can be, people especially older people are pretty much set in their ways. The comments I've gotten about EVs is ridiculous.
Sponsored