Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, Volt, FXDWG, FXSTC
Occupation
Handyman
Country flag
Posted by twitter @lucagrecoita

Cybertruck production assembly.jpg

cybertruckproduction.jpg
Personally, I'm dissapointed that a technological marvel that the CT is, the designers couldn't find a better solution for the sun visors. The flapping cadboard just doesn't cut it.
Sponsored

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck New peek at Cybertruck in general assembly at Giga Texas Factory 🫣 [8/24/23 photo] 1693101792129

Since no one has mentioned it, you can see the ceiling lights through the roof.

Clearly this means the "glass* on the early proto freebies are just wraps.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
1693101792129.png

Since no one has mentioned it, you can see the ceiling lights through the roof.

Clearly this means the "glass* on the early proto freebies are just wraps.
Are you saying the Cybertruck prototype didn't have a glass roof? It definitely did have a glass roof.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I really like how wipable that dash looks. I have 4 kids so I am somewhat a wiping pro. And I believe in child labor so for their sake I am glad the interior looks wipable. That should cut at least $1 off their allowance and chore of cleaning dads truck.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
The first thing that caught my eyes was the door hinges. Look awful small and only a single bolt attachment to the door. Unless the door has a matching adjustable hinge plate, not going to be much room for adjustment. Heck all modern cabinet doors have European adjustable hinges that also allow for quick release. Great for when I need to crawl up in the cabinets as a plumber.

But looking at the 2 hinges look awful basic and relative lightweight for a heavy truck door and stainless panel. Am I wrong or just overthinking from my perspective.

Rick

549ECA93-849A-4B20-A4D1-41851934395C.png
i thought the same thing about the B pillar hinges inititally. they are incredibly small. i guess if they are plate steel or possibly even stainless they will be substantial but no adjustement appears to be available.
Tesla Cybertruck New peek at Cybertruck in general assembly at Giga Texas Factory 🫣 [8/24/23 photo] 1693333821654

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
i thought the same thing about the B pillar hinges inititally. they are incredibly small. i guess if they are plate steel or possibly even stainless they will be substantial but no adjustement appears to be available.
1693333821654.png
I agree that the rear door support hinges look rather wimpy. Only one bolt per hinge as well.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I agree that the rear door support hinges look rather wimpy. Only one bolt per hinge as well.
This will ruffle some feathers but the simplicity looks in line with what i would expect to see in a removable door. I wonder if they made it so simple so that it can be easily removed.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This will ruffle some feathers but the simplicity looks in line with what i would expect to see in a removable door. I wonder if they made it so simple so that it can be easily removed.
Maybe easier to install

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I really like how wipable that dash looks. I have 4 kids so I am somewhat a wiping pro. And I believe in child labor so for their sake I am glad the interior looks wipable. That should cut at least $1 off their allowance and chore of cleaning dads truck.
Wipe LEFT......Wipe RIGHT!
Wipe ON.....Wipe OFF!
That's 50 cents DADDY! ;)
Sponsored