Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
Does anyone know how quickly they roll out new Tesla dealerships. I am hoping that before I get my cyber truck ,that they have a new dealer in Victoria British Columbia. So I won’t have to go to Vancouver,for pick up and service.
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
It wouldnt likely be a dealer, but a service center which you can then take delivery of your vehicle at. I believe Tesla technically sells all vehicles' online' They are planning on opening 52 new service centers net year(source: LINK) though they do not name where they will be. Unfortunately we will have to wait and see where they end up.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
It wouldnt likely be a dealer, but a service center which you can then take delivery of your vehicle at. I believe Tesla technically sells all vehicles' online' They are planning on opening 52 new service centers net year(source: LINK) though they do not name where they will be. Unfortunately we will have to wait and see where they end up.
I have reason to believe that not all service centers deliver vehicles. Anybody know?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have reason to believe that not all service centers deliver vehicles. Anybody know?
Our neighboring town has a service center, but does not deliver vehicles. We need to go to Kansas City, Missouri to pick up our factory-new Tesla’s. This is due to anti-competition, dealership protectionist laws. Still waiting to see what Texas does about their own such law.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Our neighboring town has a service center, but does not deliver vehicles. We need to go to Kansas City, Missouri to pick up our factory-new Tesla’s. This is due to anti-competition, dealership protectionist laws. Still waiting to see what Texas does about their own such law.
"We need to go to Kansas City, Missouri to pick up our factory-new Tesla’s. This is due to anti-competition, dealership protectionist laws."

If you're saying service centers can't deliver in that jurisdiction (but those across the state border can), that would be a reason. But I heard that the long-awaited center in my town (Kitchener-Waterloo) won't be delivering and I'll have to go to one in Toronto or elsewhere (in the same province), so there must be other reasons too.

Which is why I wondered about home delivery. If part of a center's service is to send a repair unit to your home, have you heard anything about their delivering a new purchase to you? There are a few traditional dealerships that do this.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
So, how far in the future do you think it will be until we can:
Go online, spec. and purchase a car.
Car delivers itself to your driveway via FSD.

Probably won't happen before I get my CT but maybe my next vehicle? ?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
So, how far in the future do you think it will be until we can:
Go online, spec. and purchase a car.
Car delivers itself to your driveway via FSD.

Probably won't happen before I get my CT but maybe my next vehicle? ?
Traditional deliveries include a hands-on demo of how to operate the vehicle -- even if the controls and displays are intuitively obvious to an experienced driver. With a Tesla, I would consider this to be an essential element, requiring an in-person handover.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Yes, Tesla's are ordered on line. At a "dealership" there are people whose job it is to answer questions, do the typing for you and arrange test drives (if they are doing those in the days of Covid which I don't think they are). Thus a "dealership" would have some cars available for test driving. Those same people who do the typing for you are also there to show you how to close the frunk, etc. at delivery.

Thus Tesla clearly has lots of flexibility (given that law doesn't get in the way) as to which of its facilities are "dealerships" and which are just service centers.

At one time the cars were delivered to your home or place of business. This was done to reduce congestion at dealerships. They might go back to doing that. Delivery by FSD? Not in most of our lifetimes.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
"We need to go to Kansas City, Missouri to pick up our factory-new Tesla’s. This is due to anti-competition, dealership protectionist laws."

If you're saying service centers can't deliver in that jurisdiction (but those across the state border can), that would be a reason.
Yes, that is what I am saying. Our legislature passed laws to keep out the Yesla sales model to protect dealerships. We border Missouri which did not, hence Nebraska loses sales. Why other services centers do no deliver I do not know.
Sponsored