DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
I had a message deleted due to "NO POLITICS". I'm OK with that, this is your forum.

I believe it was something about unions, votes, and Biden. I thought it was pertinent because it was about getting EVs supported. Are there some guidelines about what is too far? Is hard and fast or a judgement call? Are there certain things that are more likely to get deleted? I do believe there was nothing specifically about the CT in the post, it was EV in general. If it is political in nature and generally EV, is that more likely to get deleted than something that is equally political and CT specific?

Thanks for putting the time in to moderate,
Darin
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's best not to argue about it or get too off topic. Side digs are not okay, either, in my opinion.

But the reality is that it won't be a bright line because there is politics in everything.

And I know I'm very likely to get off topic.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don't know what triggered it, but one of my posts got collected too. Actually days after the post.

Don't think my comment was bad, but it triggered some snark which I suspect got both the snark and my post removed. Once the moderators move in, I think they scrub a lot of related posts too.

I'm ok with moderators being aggressive about purging political posts even if it means a few of mine get harvested.

OP
OP

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
It's best not to argue about it or get too off topic. Side digs are not okay, either, in my opinion.

But the reality is that it won't be a bright line because there is politics in everything.

And I know I'm very likely to get off topic.

-Crissa
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Because there is politics in everything, that's why I'm asking.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Because there is politics in everything, that's why I'm asking.
I think stripping the opinions makes it far less likely to get trimmed.

"The EV tax bill is in limbo right now." (y)

"The EV tax bill is unlikely to pass because liberal incompetence." (n)

"I doubt the EV Incentives will pass." (y)

"Obstructionism by Conservatives in the Senate is going to tank the EV incentives." (n)

(Above commentary provided as examples... please do not reply as if these are actual opinions of mine)

The additional flavor to the narrative doesn't add to the conversation about the truck. Or even EV incentives.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Also, moderation sometimes just hits multiple posts. A moderator only has so much time and effort to click on things... Some sometimes posts that are perfectly fine but between or next to other posts that aren't get trimmed.

It's the whole busy-gardener. You're always going to take a little of the good along with your clippers or shovel when you root out the bad.

And that's okay.

-Crissa

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I have been guilty of responding to political discussions and I regret it.

I think discussions around the viability of tax credits is perfectly acceptable, comments like
"Sleepy Joe" and "The Orange Cheeto" are not constructive and should be avoided.

As much as I really really want to snigger at one of those, I recognize the right thing to do is refrain from using them. However, instead of replying to those kind of posts, I'm just going to report them.

Status
Not open for further replies.