JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Hidden benefit if my wife gets it, I can drive it when she is not looking. ?
That might be on a first come first serve basis. Whoever gets in that thing first is never coming back!
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hidden benefit if my wife gets it, I can drive it when she is not looking. ?
Everyone I know who has one says they are stupid fun to drive. One of my buddies works in the factory.

Berno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Tacoma, TLR200
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
I’ve occasionally dreamt of bee bopping around town in a Kei truck. Something about these tiny vehicles appeals to me. And with Japans rules of planed obsolescence (capitalist mantra),(who taught you that? I learned it from watching you) they were pretty cheap to import. Unfortunately, they are practically impossible to register for the street (free market?). This little truck looks pretty cool and definitely good for adrenaline junky freeway sessions.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I think I will wait on the Aptera. Two seater will be better use as long as the width fits in her job’s compact parking spaces.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think I will wait on the Aptera. Two seater will be better use as long as the width fits in her job’s compact parking spaces.
There is a 2 seater Arcimoto, it’s their main one, the FUV.

Most of the mud and all of the bugs end up on the passenger though.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I need to consider her and a friend going out shopping, telling my secrets, need to have options so the vehicle is used.

Nothing irks me more when an acquisition sits idle unused.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I actually really like the tadpole trike layout.

I even have plans for barebones ultralight one since 2003, just with:
  1. tilting suspension like the MB F300 but with side mounted two lever fully mechanical joystick steering (one for tilt other for steer) with brakes and throttle (no pedals!),
  2. morphing body wheel arches (like the BMW) which also widens the track when cornering,
  3. all in a fully enclosed aero tandem two seater (incl wheels) with small frontal area and sub 0.15Cd,
  4. 20kWh battery with 300km range from a single 35kW rear wheel hub motor,
  5. step over CF safety cell with translucent polycarbonate molded body panels in any colour you want after you buy it (with integrated selective electrochromatic tint, RGB strips and PV) with forwards sliding jet style canopy,
  6. 5 point harness (no airbags) on custom formed racing shell seats with crash tilt back mechanism (F1 doesn't have airbags either btw), sacrificial frunk crumple zone
  7. inflatable underbody for ground effect downforce whilst cornering (without the porpoising),
  8. full Artificial Intelligence powered FSD with valet parking and summon (if you are the passenger and can shoehorn someone else in to drive that think they are intelligent!) and
  9. all under $15k for the base model. Which is the only one you can get.
  10. Ah yeah...also comes as a rolling chassis kit car for distributed manufacturing and easy repair. Made locally in any single garage near you.

Want one? ;)

Tesla Cybertruck On the small end of things, Arcimoto Flatbed 3ve v3

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
With the right bungees, I could get a full sheet of plywood in there.... SIDEWAYS.....