Only Stupid Questions

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
You are right that salt will corrode stainless steel. It is a longer time to corrode the metal. A lot longer than the steel used in an ICE vehicle. You should be able to use an undercarriage washer to handle the salt in the spring or raise it to 16 inches in the car wash and spray it down.

7DE92BD2-5807-4C48-BAF3-37C9DC8D1C81.jpeg
Ooh! Whereja get that washer?
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Is wrapping stupid or genius? What is it? How does it hold up? Can wraps be removed if it sucks or fails? I like the notion for a artistic design or business logo. Remember the Delorean. Its beauty defied wrapping. Can the 30x ss be delivered buffed, vs flat matte?
Genius if you value individuality.

No experience but I hear longevity depends on material, environment, application skill, and maybe the substrate, but five years is considered standard. I've read that Tesla-China offers wraps, so hope that will be the case for the CT, since their engineers would have done the testing.

I understand that wraps are removable with heat.