Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I would not want the bed shorter than 6ft.

I might still get it, but I want a bed long enough to carry my motorcycle.
I think you misunderstand a little, they are not changing the bed length of the Cybertruck, it will remain 6 1/2 ft long.

They will offer an additional Cybertruck with a shortbed.
When they do, it will definitely be a difference of more than just 1/2 ft.
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think if they make it a 2 door or a more extended cab design (instead of the 4 door or crew cab), I think they could keep the bed length of 6ft and still have a decent wheel base.

If they do make an international version with a shorter wheelbase and it is only offered outside the US, how upset will those here in the US that want a shorter truck be?

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I think if they make it a 2 door or a more extended cab design (instead of the 4 door or crew cab), I think they could keep the bed length of 6ft and still have a decent wheel base.

If they do make an international version with a shorter wheelbase and it is only offered outside the US, how upset will those here in the US that want a shorter truck be?
The smaller version Cybertruck will be offered in the U.S. and internationaly, there's no reason not to offer it the U.S also.
The home market. Its just more choice

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Do you think the Chinese designed vehicle Tesla is working on will be sold in the US? Especially if it is made in China only?
If I was making a truck for international markets and I had factories on those continents, why would I ship vehicles from the US to those continents? I would just make the international version there.
And I would not build a house on a foundation made of promises.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Do you think the Chinese designed vehicle Tesla is working on will be sold in the US? Especially if it is made in China only?

I don't know about that matter, I don't have an answer on that one. I'll leave that one to you.

If I was making a truck for international markets and I had factories on those continents, why would I ship vehicles from the US to those continents? I would just make the international version there.

It's not unreasonable for instance to suggest the factory in China could make the international Cybertruck version,
and supply the international markets.
However because the volume is at the moment confirmed quite small, (ie, I think it was something like 20% was being sold outside of the North America), its likely far more cost effective to produce in the same factory in the U.S.

But then again, as per Munro's assessment about the cost to gear up for small volume production, maybe your're right and it could be built in China or Berlin. But I still can't see a reason to not offer it in the U.S.

Once it gets offered officially, then the numbers will be settled, especially for any new demand, both in the U.S and Internationally, and perhaps then they will decide if a 2nd location or not, will build the smaller 2nd version, the Goldilocks Cybertruck.
Thats another reason why I think its likely we will see the short bed Cybertruck officially offered well before production starts.
Perhaps even around the same time the factory location is named.

And I would not build a house on a foundation made of promises.

I agree. Thats why one should try to have contingencies, and leave buffers.

Tesla accepting orders Internationally, and stating clearly on the order page, that International Specification Cybertruck will be confirmed at a later date once demand is
assessed. Along with Elon's confirmation of a smaller Cybertruck is being worked on now and will be offered, is pretty reasonable foundations . . . . well, as reasonable as every other doubt or confidence about other Tesla's including the original Cybertruck.

P.S. Hey you don't think Elon's pulling a shifty and keeping all those international reservations,
and in the end won't supply either of the 2 versions of the Cybertruck ! ! !
Sponsored

Last edited: