Marc Montgomery

First Name
Friction is your friend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S 3 x cybertruck
Country flag
I have thought about it, think it would be cool and look great. That much mirror at that many angles would be terrifying in the sun though. I am afraid I would cause a lot of accidents just by existing.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
I have thought about it, think it would be cool and look great. That much mirror at that many angles would be terrifying in the sun though. I am afraid I would cause a lot of accidents just by existing.
Many Stainless steel tankers have a mirror finish. There are hundreds if thousands on the road driving millions of miles each day. Seems like a few thousand Cybertrucks won’t be much of an issue. There was a technique mentioned in another thread that changes the surface of the stainless steel, so it won’t finger print. I forgot what it’s called. It’s some sort of chemical, and it’s similar to anodizing aluminum. I wonder if that would work on a mirror finish, without changing the mirror properties?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I just assumed the OP was asking about any kind of abrasive polishing (polishing doesn't neccessaily imply to a mirror polish). I saw his rendered image was of a mirror polish but I would be interested to know if anyone has polished it at all, with any abrasives beyond Barkeeper's Friend.

I haven't yet because it's been looking so good so far with minimal care, just a wash with a truck brush and bucket of soapy water. Not even any Barkeepers friend yet (although I did buy the kind in the spray bottle, without abrasives, just in case I needed it at some point).