Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
IDGAF what anyone thinks. Once i get it i will proceed to use it to show everyone it is superior in every way. I will be a walking talking Tesla advertisement. The fact that it looks so weird (BEAUTIFUL) will start conversations with everyone. I am going to make everyone who bought any other type of truck cry because they threw there money away. Gas prices HA! oil changes HA! slow and weak HA! All the puny half tons will bow down ?
i agree, in fact, its been quite entertaining to watch vehicle ads on twitter pop up and just hear everyone scream Tesla and CT!
Sponsored

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You can call it "pigeon pie" if you like but will need to understand that to most people it is clearly a truck and as most people understand" that "cyber" means "of, relating to, or involving computers or computer networks (such as the Internet)" they won't be having any trouble with term. You could call it a "current transformer" or a computed tomograph to yourself to yourself but abbreviate when you mention it in a post and everyone will know what you are talking about.
On almost all other "names" I am right there with you. I but people's chops all the time for using acronyms. But this is different. So different that Big E (Elon Musk) has decided to NOT put the current name on the Tesla Vehicle. I think he has given it some more thought and doesn't see it as a truck. And shouldn't have named it "truck,"
As to cyber. My Mitsubishi 30 years ago had a computer in it...he might as well called it "Window" as far as that goes. And you only gave the part of the definition for cyber, the other half involves the dimension of virtual reality...which it ain't. It is going to be extremely stupid in another 10 years calling the main vehicle selling in America a "cyber" truck when it is neither.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In my social sphere, the following reactions:
1. Too expensive (anything over 18,000 is too expensive) These are friends who drive compacts
2. Sister, does not follow automotive, excited, when will you get it. (Would be equally excited over a new toaster)
3. Nephews and son, cool, can I drive it?
4. Core friends, awesome, you drive the next scuba trip, they also like the design and function
5. Wife, OK... does not follow automotive, when will I get a new car? (You just got a new car two years ago)
6. Me, instead like for design, read specs and price, pulled trigger. My nature is not to be the first with technology or models, even with the repairs in earlier models and reported bad customer service, Tesla has built trust in their motors, batteries, commitment to repair issues and the drive to push the envelope.

The friends who know me, would predict I would purchase the CT. Preferring to be behind the curtains for a smooth operation instead of in front of curtains performing, does not matter about other opinions to me On the truck. I anticipate being happy with the vehicle except one day a month when I send the payment in.

Projected ownership, 20+ years, 10 as daily driver and auto drive 70 miles round trip, Monday through Friday in the 405 traffic. (With legroom and the top of my head not touching the roof)
tell your sister I love her, and I got a new toaster.
And as to your wife. I got an ex-wife that was just like that.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
IDGAF what anyone thinks. Once i get it i will proceed to use it to show everyone it is superior in every way. I will be a walking talking Tesla advertisement. The fact that it looks so weird (BEAUTIFUL) will start conversations with everyone. I am going to make everyone who bought any other type of truck cry because they threw there money away. Gas prices HA! oil changes HA! slow and weak HA! All the puny half tons will bow down ?
I think you care what they think, but you believe you will do what you think is right and you want.
But your answer is more of what I wanted to hear.... I think I'll get a huge amount of pleasure just putting it out there.
"I got this ugly sumbitch for NOT how it looks. I got it for what it does. I am probably considered a manly man, know stuff, done stuff. But laying on the couch completely asleep are my two Standard Poodles. The dogs look stupider than bloody hell. But they are the waterfowl retrievers of the Germans and others in that area. And the breed was created 300 years ago, when a dog better do shit or it was dead. And a German dog better do it well. The cut is form following function to the 9's. Even the kidney patches because the kidneys are the first organ to shut down when they go into hypothermia.
So getting a vehicle built to do it all, and do it well. But looks funny because it needs to be to do the job the best it can be done....priceless.
EDIT: Shit I forgot the poodle story. I got a friend in Law enforcement. He wanted to borrow something out of the backyard when I wasn't home. I have a dog door to the backyard so the dogs can go out when they want. But they knew him very well. He'd been over to the house 20 in the last 2 years. He got 10 feet into the backyard till they were out the door. When he got 20 ft into the yard they realized I wasn't with him. My Male started getting fierce and all evil-like. Growling and snapping at him. The female trotted off. My Buddy said he knew My Male would recognise him so he started talking to him. And then it got real. Hairs went up on his neck, he looked around just in time. My female was slinking low to the ground against the fence trying to get in behind him....he was in the driveway waiting for me when I got home, and told me how, "You ain't got Poodles. You got Dobermans with Afros."
And as of last friday they've killed over 30 opossums and racoons. They play tug of war with em... They probably were going to use the tactic on my buddy. One on each end...

Last edited:

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
"I put a deposit down on a Cybertruck" is a great conversation starter.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Some how I don’t I can tell her to ride in the vault because she is so precious. I probably will have a large metal ball thrown at me and I am sure I would break worse than the glass did.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Over the holidays, I was catching major ridicule/grief from the naysayers when I told them about my CT reservation...However, during one of the last heated arguments, I was floored when Wifey jumped into the conversation/discussion and said, "...he's not trading in the Jeep; we're trading in the Jetta, and I'm driving the CyberTruck..."

I asked her later, and she said she was serious...I drove in complete silence the remainder of the way back home...

Reserving a CT the day after reveal = PRICELESS : later finding out Wifey now wants CT to be hers = WTF???
Sounds like you need a 2nd reservation

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I think you care what they think, but you believe you will do what you think is right and you want.
But your answer is more of what I wanted to hear.... I think I'll get a huge amount of pleasure just putting it out there.
"I got this ugly sumbitch for NOT how it looks. I got it for what it does. I am probably considered a manly man, know stuff, done stuff. But laying on the couch completely asleep are my two Standard Poodles. The dogs look stupider than bloody hell. But they are the waterfowl retrievers of the Germans and others in that area. And the breed was created 300 years ago, when a dog better do shit or it was dead. And a German dog better do it well. The cut is form following function to the 9's. Even the kidney patches because the kidneys are the first organ to shut down when they go into hypothermia.
So getting a vehicle built to do it all, and do it well. But looks funny because it needs to be to do the job the best it can be done....priceless.
EDIT: Shit I forgot the poodle story. I got a friend in Law enforcement. He wanted to borrow something out of the backyard when I wasn't home. I have a dog door to the backyard so the dogs can go out when they want. But they knew him very well. He'd been over to the house 20 in the last 2 years. He got 10 feet into the backyard till they were out the door. When he got 20 ft into the yard they realized I wasn't with him. My Male started getting fierce and all evil-like. Growling and snapping at him. The female trotted off. My Buddy said he knew My Male would recognise him so he started talking to him. And then it got real. Hairs went up on his neck, he looked around just in time. My female was slinking low to the ground against the fence trying to get in behind him....he was in the driveway waiting for me when I got home, and told me how, "You ain't got Poodles. You got Dobermans with Afros."
And as of last friday they've killed over 30 opossums and racoons. They play tug of war with em... They probably were going to use the tactic on my buddy. One on each end...
Lol, i understand what your saying but that's just because you don't know me personally.

I don't really get the Poodle reference? I have always known poodles to be pretty fierce. I'v also seen some pretty aggressive labradoodles.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Love dogs, some are even more security than a gun.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
My dogs, both huskies, will charge up to you and demand to be pet as they lick you. Guard dogs? They are not.
Same with my GSP, if somebody broke into my house when I wasn't home he would just sniff the crotch and lick

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Same with my GSP, if somebody broke into my house when I wasn't home he would just sniff the crotch and lick
Put a gopro on a friend that the dogs haven't met and tell him to go in your house and get the aspirin out of the medicine cabinet.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I work for a company that deals in oil drilling and mining industries.... I often wonder what they will think when I park the cybertruck in our lot
I’m guessing the fear is in your head. I work for the largest marine internal combustion engine builder in the world. We’ve got Teslas in the parking lot. Everyone just views them as another car. I’m yet to ever witness or hear first person of this bizarre hatred. Sure, there’s a few dopey hillbillies out there, but not exactly a huge amount. The only people who’ve made fun of me for putting a deposit on the truck at work are because they think it looks silly. (That’s fair because looks are subjective)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.