Privacy

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Do you worry if your car is spying on you? If your car is monitoring how do you hold the steering wheel, would it see a bit more? If it is watching where do you go, what you say, what you eat, whom you kiss?
Is it safe to discuss your business matters inside?
I bet the foreign spies will prefer older cars without cameras and common internet connection.
Some people have even more concerns:
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/car-tracking-abusive-partners-may-153328032.html
Sponsored

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
TBH I’m far too boring if a person to care.

And in fairness, I’d be much more concerned about the little rectangular smartphone in my pocket if I was worried about such things….

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
Not concerned in the slightest, I've been driving my Tesla for over five years and no more concerned than I was when I bought it.
But if this is a real question and not just a "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE" type post, I'd be much more concerned about my mobile phone and the app installed on it.
Or Google using all of my email, or Facebook, Twitter, the innumerable installed apps etc etc. Not using it is no defense because all your friends use it them. Your supermarket member cards, credit cards, your cell phone plan, Amazon, Netflix, the list goes on. Masses of data that is trivial to convert from "anonymized" to specific.
Personal security is an illusion that 99% of the population of the modern world prostitute themselves for in order to get free stuff, but which just makes them the product.
Your car is the least of your worries.
Sponsored