Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Door floodlight LED projector replacements. See picture for clarification.

I ordered two on Amazon that project “cybertruck” in the cybertruck font. Got them in however they disappeared from Amazon almost immediately and haven’t seen any for sale since. I don’t have my cybertruck yet so I have no idea if it even has flood lights underneath the doors let alone if these would fit in the same hole. Luckily they’re only like 20 something dollars but if the CT does have floodlights/puddle lights (whatever you wanna call them) I would love to get them with the Cerberus icon.

IMG_1222.jpeg
Door floodlight LED projector replacements. See picture for clarification.

I ordered two on Amazon that project “cybertruck” in the cybertruck font. Got them in however they disappeared from Amazon almost immediately and haven’t seen any for sale since. I don’t have my cybertruck yet so I have no idea if it even has flood lights underneath the doors let alone if these would fit in the same hole. Luckily they’re only like 20 something dollars but if the CT does have floodlights/puddle lights (whatever you wanna call them) I would love to get them with the Cerberus icon.

Tesla Cybertruck Propose New Cybertruck Accessories and Updates IMG_1222
Sponsored

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
votes to connect it to 2 9v batteries making it 18v?

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
votes to connect it to 2 9v batteries making it 18v?
well i went ahead and did 2 in series to up the voltage to 18v. I couldn't tell the difference and the video says its too large even though its a shorter video... not sure why. but it was boring since it looked identical.

Marc Montgomery

First Name
Friction is your friend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S 3 x cybertruck
Country flag
Has anybody found a sunscreen for the front window that actually fits yet?

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
For hardware, it would be really nice to have an option for a rear view display in place of the useless mirror. For being a "technology company" they seem to miss the boat sometimes in the simplest ways.
I think that you must not yet have your Cybertruck when you made this statement. The video in the screen works flawlessly and is in your line of sight as you drive. A screen where the rear view mirror is, would require you to look up and away from the road. The video on the screen right where Tesla put is it way better than where the rear view mirror is.

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, 2017 S, 2016 X, 2023 X, 2024 AWD FS CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I think that you must not yet have your Cybertruck when you made this statement. The video in the screen works flawlessly and is in your line of sight as you drive. A screen where the rear view mirror is, would require you to look up and away from the road. The video on the screen right where Tesla put is it way better than where the rear view mirror is.
What part of my opinion on the rear view mirror leads you to believe that the truck I've posted multiple pictures of isn't in my possession?!? This forum is wild with these accusations. I strongly disagree with your opinion about the rear view camera situation. Having it on the screen is annoying. Having the image where it has lived for decades (and my 20+ years of driving) seems more ergonomic to me. We can agree to disagree, but to insuinate that I don't have the truck is laughable.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I strongly disagree with your opinion about the rear view camera situation. Having it on the screen is annoying. Having the image where it has lived for decades (and my 20+ years of driving) seems more ergonomic to me. We can agree to disagree, but to insuinate that I don't have the truck is laughable.
Having it closer to the eye line would be more ergonomic. That's a decent argument to make.

I do think it's fine where it is (that's where it is on my 2013 Mazda 3) but I still usually use my physical mirror. And it's cheaper to use one screen.

Screens being cheap, though, it does seem like a spot for an aftermarket solution. A good, high-rez 30º camera on the tailgate or tonneau trim and then a digital mirror would be pretty cool.

Maybe a wireless one with a charging pad it was stuck to normally that you could then stick onto a trailer...

There's lots of options, but it's probably more an aftermarket item. Like I said, what works and is cheap is not always what is most ergonomic.

-Crissa

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, 2017 S, 2016 X, 2023 X, 2024 AWD FS CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Having it closer to the eye line would be more ergonomic. That's a decent argument to make.

I do think it's fine where it is (that's where it is on my 2013 Mazda 3) but I still usually use my physical mirror. And it's cheaper to use one screen.

Screens being cheap, though, it does seem like a spot for an aftermarket solution. A good, high-rez 30º camera on the tailgate or tonneau trim and then a digital mirror would be pretty cool.

Maybe a wireless one with a charging pad it was stuck to normally that you could then stick onto a trailer...

There's lots of options, but it's probably more an aftermarket item. Like I said, what works and is cheap is not always what is most ergonomic.

-Crissa
I hodgepodged together a raspberry pi and wired camera I'm going to toy around with. Maybe @TWRAPS could get in on this action?

sjarriel

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor CyberTruck (Foundation Series)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anybody found a sunscreen for the front window that actually fits yet?

I made my own out of a piece of 48" wide radiant barrier insulation (comes in rolls from Home Depot/Lowes, etc.). The 48" is just about long enough to go from base to top of the windshield, and can be held in place by the sun visors flipped down and extended. The dimension at the top of the windshield is 52". The dimension at the bottom is about 56". I'm modifying it this weekend with some Lexan struts running front to back to keep it from sagging. Biggest problem is what to do with the thing when not in use. Even rolled up, it takes up a lot of space.

TwiztOG43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
Convex blue tint side mirrors

Marc Montgomery

First Name
Friction is your friend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S 3 x cybertruck
Country flag
I made my own out of a piece of 48" wide radiant barrier insulation (comes in rolls from Home Depot/Lowes, etc.). The 48" is just about long enough to go from base to top of the windshield, and can be held in place by the sun visors flipped down and extended. The dimension at the top of the windshield is 52". The dimension at the bottom is about 56". I'm modifying it this weekend with some Lexan struts running front to back to keep it from sagging. Biggest problem is what to do with the thing when not in use. Even rolled up, it takes up a lot of space.
Cool. How about splitting it laterally across the middle and add a small snap hinge or three?

DumpsterFire

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
I disagree. Personally would like to look at the same area of the truck where I’ve been looking for the past 30 years when I drive. Looking at a rear view mirror doesn’t take one’s eyes off the road any more than the screen does.

I think the rear view mirror thing is the biggest miss in the Cybertruck.

And I’ll save you the question. I’ve had my CT since February and have over 4000 miles on it.
Sponsored

Last edited: