Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hey all, just wanted to see what people think about it.
People are protesting about getting fired because they dont feel safe going back to work.
I live near fremont and know people who work there, it's long hours, hard work, for little pay(for the area).

I'm of the thought that if people are protesting outside your business, generally your doing something wrong.
if you live with elderly, or take care of them, etc. You shouldn't have to choose your job over protecting them. Tesla said go back to work or get fired
It's really sad to see and although I love Tesla and elon generally, I'm not sure I can support a company that cares more about profits than health and sefety.

This is far from the first, I had a friend working at the lathrop casting r&d building. (This was a couple years ago) He was saying several times a week ambulances were getting called because people were passing out.

There's a cost for trying to do too much too fast. Sadly it's always the grunts. Do better tesla

Having seen first hand unions paying non-union laborers to picket businesses because they did not higher union people (right to work state), I disagree with your premise.

As well, there is a lot of old information presented. Too many "I think", "I heard", and "I believe statements unsubstantiated.

You can stay home if you want. Your choice. After a while you need to make the choice of go to work or not. The government neither can nor should pay everyone to sit home without and end date. No business can. At some point you need to act.

I am in the thick of COVID-19. I live it every day. Seen all the bad. I have had co-workers sicked from taking care of those who are desperately ill. Do you want us tossing in the towel and hiding at home until it all goes away? We can. I'm in far, far greater danger than working a clean assembly line.

I may sound harsh to you, but until you wash the blood and bile off your shoes and need to shower and change before even thinking of driving home to your family then will I not be too concerned about that. Wear a mask. Wash your damn hands! Don't be toughing your face and it you have a temperature you call in sick. Believe it or not we went through this before in 1918. Exact same concerns, resistance to masks, closings, etc.

Still buying my Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
I support the hell out of Elon and Tesla. If the employees don’t feel safe And then stand outside and protest it does not make sense. I know what the problem is if they go back to work they don’t get the State unemployment and federal unemployment To sit on their asses. And if you don’t want to go back to work after work calls you back. the company files and you lose all unemployment Because work is available. you could say we are paying all these protestors and rioters to do so plus stimulus money. every company is facing this dilemma So don’t make it about TESLA, In alot of cases people make more on unemployment Right know which will end in July thank god. There are no perfect work conditions because every body is different or should I say SOME softer Than others. I am an executive chef and i work 12 to 15 hours a day not the ideal situation but I make great money. I had to work many years under paid and overworked but it Finally payed off. And also i can’t believe that this is a topic for Cyber truck owners club. BELIVE IT OR NOT COMPANIES NEED TO MAKE A PROFIT, SO WE CAN HAVE THINGS PRODUCED LIKE CYBERTRUCK. I don’t care how many hours someone has to work when Cybertruck starts to roll off the assembly line Because I want mine JUST DO IT. If it’s to much go find another job I know Elon treats his employees well and with respect so move on please

Last edited:

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Also it’s funny in Alabama we have the following car manufacturers. Mercedes, Hyundai, Toyota and Mazda and we have no UNIONS here and all Employees make a solid wage and have a comprehensive package And all are happy and proud to be working.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Having seen first hand unions paying non-union laborers to picket businesses because they did not higher union people (right to work state), I disagree with your premise.

As well, there is a lot of old information presented. Too many "I think", "I heard", and "I believe statements unsubstantiated.

You can stay home if you want. Your choice. After a while you need to make the choice of go to work or not. The government neither can nor should pay everyone to sit home without and end date. No business can. At some point you need to act.

I am in the thick of COVID-19. I live it every day. Seen all the bad. I have had co-workers sicked from taking care of those who are desperately ill. Do you want us tossing in the towel and hiding at home until it all goes away? We can. I'm in far, far greater danger than working a clean assembly line.

I may sound harsh to you, but until you wash the blood and bile off your shoes and need to shower and change before even thinking of driving home to your family then will I not be too concerned about that. Wear a mask. Wash your damn hands! Don't be toughing your face and it you have a temperature you call in sick. Believe it or not we went through this before in 1918. Exact same concerns, resistance to masks, closings, etc.

Still buying my Cybertruck.
There's an insane difference between some1 like u, choosing to work for the good of all and a low income assembly worker making an unnecessary product. They should have the option of not working for nonpayment and at least knowing they have a job to come back to.
It just shows they dont care. And I'm just saying I dont know if I want to support a company like that.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Elon’s companies are notoriously rough on their employees. Nonetheless many choose to work there out of a passion for the mission which is great, but the burnout rate is high and the engineers are underpaid compared to the rest of industry, especially when you consider the locale’s.

The way I see it is you can like the products without liking Elon.
I agree that you can like the product without liking the man. Outside of maybe Mr. Toyoda, Mr. (Bill) Ford, and Mr. Musk, it is difficult to even name the CEOs of other manufacturers. Not that you cant, just that it is difficult. Never has there been a manufacturing CEO that has been as public as Elon Musk. We know a lot about Tesla and what is coming next and we love guessing all the little when, why, and what's about the future. He lets us know what they are up to. It's almost as if he is growing a company... Without even advertising, Tesla is kicking butt.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait a minute. The OP said the people passing out and ambulances were from a different company, that it was 2 years ago and the company resolved the issues.

OP, do you have any credible facts about this situation to share? I wouldn't want us to jump the gun based on rumor.
It wasn't a different company, Im sure they were working with other companies though.

The only fact I have is a friend(s) who worked there (both the fremont and lathrop factories), there's no reason while casually talking he would just lie about that.
I have never "researched" the issue until just now, i searched
"lathrop tesla casting" and found this https://insideevs.com/news/407754/tesla-protect-lathrop-workers-deny/

I dont want to start any big issues, I am really just saying that I personally am debating supporting a company that dosent care about its low lvl workers. perhaps others should too. and more generally any company with bad policies/ worker treatment.

I love tesla, and Elon. and really want to support them.
For me this is an issue of morals. but at the same time how many companies have I supported that I just didnt know were doing bad things (probably far more than I will ever know). but that still dosnt make it ok

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
With the known Union and shorters trying to spread FUD, I would need concrete evidence before buying into any of this.

Deleted member 5322

What the problem is? If you do not like working for Tesla for any reasons, if you think you are under-payed - go and find another job. You are not a slave there, You live in a country where Freedom is a part of foundation. When you asked about getting hired you were agreed with all terms and conditions. Please, shut up and keep working - or leave in silence! Elon is a very smart guy, the smartest in the world CEO! He knows what to do, when to do, and how to do. Do not put your politics here in Tesla community!

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With the known Union and shorters trying to spread FUD, I would need concrete evidence before buying into any of this.
im simply stating things im thinking about and struggling with.
think what u want, do what u want.
What the problem is? If you do not like working for Tesla for any reasons, if you think you are under-payed - go and find another job. You are not a slave there, You live in a country where Freedom is a part of foundation. When you asked about getting hired you were agreed with all terms and conditions. Please, shut up and keep working - or leave in silence! Elon is a very smart guy, the smartest in the world CEO! He knows what to do, when to do, and how to do. Do not put your politics here in Tesla community!
It's not politics. But I 100% agree people can and should quite or leave if they feel they are being mistreated.
My issue, that apparently you cant comprehend is if I personally want to continue supporting a company that mistreats people.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
im simply stating things im thinking about and struggling with.
think what u want, do what u want.

It's not politics. But I 100% agree people can and should quite or leave if they feel they are being mistreated.
My issue, that apparently you cant comprehend is if I personally want to continue supporting a company that mistreats people.
I think we all would have issues supporting a company that mistreats it’s employees. I haven’t seen any evidence that’s happened.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm thinking we need a new thread, the.....SAFE ROOM THREAD..... Place where you can go and nobody will pick on you, shame your ideas, call you bad names and can HIDE from reality and the world. Everything is flowers, candy, sweet music, soft cuddle pillows and maybe AI parents who will always agree with you.:poop::poop::poop::poop:

Deleted member 5322

No evidence so far, but it is already two pages of forum messages. Before you start smthg like this, please, make some research and post some evidence. Because people do not read every word , they catch some words and guess rest. That how gossips start going around

Deleted member 5322

I'm thinking we need a new thread, the.....SAFE ROOM THREAD..... Place where you can go and nobody will pick on you, shame your ideas, call you bad names and can HIDE from reality and the world. Everything is flowers, candy, sweet music, soft cuddle pillows and maybe AI parents who will always agree with you.:poop::poop::poop::poop:
After reading your message I feel so bad. Sorry if I hurt someone. Just stated my position. Do not take it close folks please

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS.... THE NEW: ....SAFE ROOM THREAD....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.