Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
And I was also hoping to buy barely used CT tires for those who upgraded (common practice in many trucks, especially Jeeps). But with so many planning on doing so, probably will be priced out of my budget.

I hope someone builds something with a Raspberry Pi that connected to some solenoids and that are able to read the TPM units, could control deflate and inflate tires... could do the inflate using a manifold and the solenoids to switch which tire it is airing up until they all are at the right pressure. Oh, and a way to monitor/change settings from a phone... that is important as well.

I think many in the Jeep community (and other off-roaders) would like something like that...
now, who is going to make that? ;)
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I hope someone builds something with a Raspberry Pi that connected to some solenoids and that are able to read the TPM units, could control deflate and inflate tires... could do the inflate using a manifold and the solenoids to switch which tire it is airing up until they all are at the right pressure. Oh, and a way to monitor/change settings from a phone... that is important as well.
That already exists. I chose to roll my own compressor system and make it semi-manual because the automation offered little value. My system uses a simple $10 pressure switch to stop filling when all the tires hit 35. But I could have spent $500 on a phone/BT version, which gains ... nothing.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Then you can choose to spend the $500. I don't know what "between vehicles" means since the system is mounted on one vehicle. The UI to let you know the compressor isn't plugged in is that it makes a whirring noise when it is.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
That's shown on the TPMS display, and is also shown in the vehicle app. Do I want to know more than that? No.

The automated compressor system with BT simply tells you what pressures are being supplied WHILE the compressor is plugged in to the tires, and to set the pressure. Which is silly since it's always the same. For air-down, the TPMS automatically goes into a constant display. Also pretty useless, since anyone who wheels a lot just carries pre-set air-down chucks.

Tesla Cybertruck Replacement tire price will be a shock 1628528565560

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
And I absolutely LOVE automation and connectivity. My house and life are very automated. I have three Raspberry Pis in the house and another in the Tesla to run Teslacam and let me access the car over wifi. But...it has to add value. Can't find value in that compressor system.
Sponsored