A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The way to get rich in the stock market is to buy $10 stock that you can eventually sell for $1000 (20 dB gain). Tesla is such a stock but note that the big money is made in going from $10 to $600 (17.8 dB) not in going from $600 to $1000 (2.2 dB). Those of you who bought in the double digits have done very, very well but I think the chances of getting such fantastic gains going forward are low.
Sponsored

program422

First Name
TATE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra
Country flag
36 shares. Bought in bits and pieces. Nurses don’t make the big bucks and when you’re the majority breadwinner paying all the bills, school, etc.... But I am 100% debt free.
Working towards my debt free...never mind.
Working towards paying my bills down as we are into long-term rental houses.
Thanks for sharing.

program422

First Name
TATE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra
Country flag
The way to get rich in the stock market is to buy $10 stock that you can eventually sell for $1000 (20 dB gain). Tesla is such a stock but note that the big money is made in going from $10 to $600 (17.8 dB) not in going from $600 to $1000 (2.2 dB). Those of you who bought in the double digits have done very, very well but I think the chances of getting such fantastic gains going forward are low.
I appreciate your analysis and sharing. I am very new to buying stocks even though it was back in 2017. It was a buy-and-forget kind of thing. Not too much experience in your explanation but getting better. Luckily my trust in EV works.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
36 shares. Bought in bits and pieces. Nurses don’t make the big bucks and when you’re the majority breadwinner paying all the bills, school, etc.... But I am 100% debt free.
Nice job.

I'm hatching a plan right now. I was going to buy 30 TSLA (again), as I play the buy low and sell high game, daily. But, decided I am going to hinge a lot on a great company that is currently very underpriced. I am buying 30,000 shares as it's price is sub $1... though, it's been at $90 in the last 3 years, and just started charting gains for the first time in a very long time. So, buying 30,000... will hold up to about $30, then sell 10k for $300,000. Put aside $90k for taxes and use the rest to buy 200+ TSLA. That leaves me with 200+ TSLA, and 20k of the other stock. I would have had 30 TSLA and 10k of the other stock if I had bought TSLA first. My goal is to hit the next 5:1 split and end up with 1,000 TSLA. Then, when stock is $600, I will have $600k value in TSLA - so cool.

So, I'm leveraging a stock in order to purchase a lot more TSLA than I could otherwise afford. And, though all this, I will buy a new home, solarize it, install a super charger, buy my loaded Cybertruck, set it up for overlanding, then fund my investment account fully at $1m and begin helping the homeless in America. Sounds like a blast! peace

program422

First Name
TATE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra
Country flag
Nice job.

I'm hatching a plan right now. I was going to buy 30 TSLA (again), as I play the buy low and sell high game, daily. But, decided I am going to hinge a lot on a great company that is currently very underpriced. I am buying 30,000 shares as it's price is sub $1... though, it's been at $90 in the last 3 years, and just started charting gains for the first time in a very long time. So, buying 30,000... will hold up to about $30, then sell 10k for $300,000. Put aside $90k for taxes and use the rest to buy 200+ TSLA. That leaves me with 200+ TSLA, and 20k of the other stock. I would have had 30 TSLA and 10k of the other stock if I had bought TSLA first. My goal is to hit the next 5:1 split and end up with 1,000 TSLA. Then, when stock is $600, I will have $600k value in TSLA - so cool.

So, I'm leveraging a stock in order to purchase a lot more TSLA than I could otherwise afford. And, though all this, I will buy a new home, solarize it, install a super charger, buy my loaded Cybertruck, set it up for overlanding, then fund my investment account fully at $1m and begin helping the homeless in America. Sounds like a blast! peace
You are talking Greek to me right now.
Read it twice...still puzzled.
is this a plan?
is this a dream?
When I talk, I talk facts and fun.
can someone re-writes it in plain English for me please?
this sub $1 ... held for 3 years...now up around $90...

program422

First Name
TATE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra
Country flag
By the way...We have one rental house in Florida and looking to be there at a later age...will be driving the CyberTruck there for sure.

Is it true that the plan/projection date has been pushed back for the CyberTruck production?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Is it true that the plan/projection date has been pushed back for the CyberTruck production?
No, it is not. They still plan to begin production in 2021.

As we always knew, shipping to customers might not happen until 2022. Like they did with Model Y this year... some were produced last fall and then they began deliveries in the spring.

I don't know if the fall ones were from the production line or the test line tho. They might have a test line at a different facility this time.

-Crissa

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Hey Floridians, let's get together and have a CT meetup. We could then coordinate with others in other states and decide if we want one big one, maybe with regional meetups, or just do something for the states well-represented. For the smaller numbers in some states, just join with others close. This is likely to be something we'll want to talk about with likeminded people. Just a thought. peace

I'm in the Panhandle right now, though that could change. But, let's keep in touch.
Sponsored