Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Rivian Truck spotted in Downtown San Diego "Little Italy". Blame poor photos on my U.A. pilot buddy...this truck is a beast. Really large body style.
I'd like to see side by side with Tesla CT for comparison. "Little Italy" section on India Street was really happening on a Saturday night.

Tesla Cybertruck Rivian Truck spotted in San Diego thumbnail-20

Tesla Cybertruck Rivian Truck spotted in San Diego thumbnail-25
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I hear their production numbers are crawling up which is good news. Should start becoming a bit more common.

Berno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Tacoma, TLR200
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
I’ve been seeing a lot of these around, but I happen to live in the impeccably manicured armpit of Rivian territory. In fact, Robert Scaringe lives right down the street from me and Rivian is renovating our town’s vacant movie theater into a showroom for their vehicles. That is where I’ll be parking my Cyber truck whenever I have the chance, haha. Apart from the headlights their truck doesn’t really stand out in a crowd(aesthetically), but I think they are targeting the more conservative set. I totally support Rivian as an American auto maker and I’m hopeful they will be a major player in the transition to EV’s.

OP
OP
Old Pro

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve been seeing a lot of these around, but I happen to live in the impeccably manicured armpit of Rivian territory. In fact, Robert Scaringe lives right down the street from me and Rivian is renovating our town’s vacant movie theater into a showroom for their vehicles. That is where I’ll be parking my Cyber truck whenever I have the chance, haha. Apart from the headlights their truck doesn’t really stand out in a crowd(aesthetically), but I think they are targeting the more conservative set. I totally support Rivian as an American auto maker and I’m hopeful they will be a major player in the transition to EV’s.
Yes, the body style is conservative. But no lightweight, it's a "mini beast".

No-ICE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Tundra
Country flag
There is a pent up demand for electric pickups. Rivian was first out of the gate with the R1T and the R1T appears to be an excellent truck. Rivian now needs to ramp up the production fast to take advantage of their first to market lead.

N.ICE

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
My work has me driving up and down PCH every day passing that theater, can't wait for that to open. There is a White R1T parked in a driveway just at the top of Forest on the way to LB High School. Its as if he "could" park it in his garage but is like No Way, I'm showing this baby off.

MRTENNANT

First Name
Tray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Tesla CT on Order
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
There must be at least three in SD then . I have seen a blue one and a green one in the wild here so far. Interesting....
Sponsored