RN112823897

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
If you don't live near a Tesla service center you will be waiting for a while. Rivian follows this mantra as well.

Tesla and Rivian don't want the negative reviews from customers on how many hours it takes customers to drive in for warranty work or service.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JerryVeroBeach

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Chevrolet Silverado
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No. The reservation numbers includes all other pre-release products from Tesla. Which through that period included the Model Y, the Model S, the Model X, the Plaid, the Semi, the Roadster, Powerwalls, Megapacks, and Solar.

-Crissa
I'm GREATLY encouraged by your clarification. My original comment wasn't intended to come across negatively - I just didn't understand how Tesla generated the RN number.

If the RN number includes all the other pre-release products Tesla produced(s), is there some reasonably accurate information we can use to determine our place in the queue? I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering about this.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
I'm GREATLY encouraged by your clarification. My original comment wasn't intended to come across negatively - I just didn't understand how Tesla generated the RN number.

If the RN number includes all the other pre-release products Tesla produced(s), is there some reasonably accurate information we can use to determine our place in the queue? I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering about this.
keep in mind it isn't just pre-release vehicles.. it also includes released vehicles not ordered from stock.. so for example the Model Y i ordered didn't have a vin yet.. so i got a reservaction number when i ordered it.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
This numbering system is not for our benefit. It is an internal system for much mor ethan CTs and even vehicles.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's why the spreadsheet has a massive set of formulas, taking inputs from published numbers as benchmarks. And why the further from the reveal event we are, the less and less accurate these estimates are.

-Crissa
Sponsored