crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck CyberBeast
Country flag
We did a road trip to northern MN from southern TX. It was roughly 1,400 miles. The truck did really well.

We used a Kuat bike carrier with two e-mtn bikes on the back. We drove 73-75mph most of the way, and averaged
484 wh/mi. The system did a good job at estimating our power use.

What hasn't been said before. The truck is a road tripping beast. It's quiet, comfortable, and a great ride in Chill mode. We would drive for 2-2.5 hours and then stop for 15-30 minutes for charging. That seems to be the average where most were in the 15 minute range. We had one outlier of a 1 hour charge due to a large gap between chargers.

All of my concerns about road tripping are gone. It feels like the extra battery pack will be nice to have, but not required.

Tesla Cybertruck Road trip: TX to MN in Cyberbeast with bike carrier. It’s a road tripping beast. 1000002788

Tesla Cybertruck Road trip: TX to MN in Cyberbeast with bike carrier. It’s a road tripping beast. 1000002735

Tesla Cybertruck Road trip: TX to MN in Cyberbeast with bike carrier. It’s a road tripping beast. 1000002733

Tesla Cybertruck Road trip: TX to MN in Cyberbeast with bike carrier. It’s a road tripping beast. 1000002789
Sponsored

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Nice! This is great to hear. I will be doing a MTB trip from north Texas to Moab, with a stop to ride at Palo Duro in Sept with a friend. Should be around 1100 miles each way. I have a few options with a Kuat rack, tailgate pad and a vault fork mount setup attached to the vault divider. Pic currently show my road and gravel bike but tested with 2 MTB's great. Hopefully it will have FSD or auto pilot by then.

Tesla Cybertruck Road trip: TX to MN in Cyberbeast with bike carrier. It’s a road tripping beast. image_50742017.JPG

Last edited:

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro Z28, '15 Viper GT, FS-CB
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
Awesome! When our Cyberbeasts were just long range tri-motors, this is the trip (San Antonio to Shakopee)I was hoping to make towing my car.😭

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We did a road trip to northern MN from southern TX. It was roughly 1,400 miles. The truck did really well.

We used a Kuat bike carrier with two e-mtn bikes on the back. We drove 73-75mph most of the way, and averaged

What hasn't been said before. The truck is a road tripping beast. It's quiet, comfortable, and a great ride in Chill mode. We would drive for 2-2.5 hours and then stop for 15-30 minutes for charging. That seems to be the average where most were in the 15 minute range. We had one outlier of a 1 hour charge due to a large gap between chargers.

All of my concerns about road tripping are gone. It feels like the extra battery pack will be nice to have, but not required.

1000002788.jpg

1000002735.jpg

1000002733.jpg

1000002789.jpg
Thanks for providing the power consumption, which was very good for the speed and weight.

If the AAA national gas price average of $3.64 is used, with an electricity cost of $0.12 / kWh, that would be like getting 63 (E-mpg) in a truck that large and comfortable. Of course, your supercharging electricity rates were probably more, but still ... cheaper to drive a Cybertruck with all that than driving a Prius or (not so) Smart car. :cool:

- ÆCIII

rjhoskins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance 2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
@crashoverride Thanks for the update. Aside--where did you get the Cyberbeast center wheel covers?

96Kopper02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
That’s a long trip! Where at in northern Minnesota? I have a cabin in Park Rapids and plan on taking my Beast (if I get it) there this summer.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

It's only takes a long trip or two to realize how ubiquitous charging actually is.

Looks like you may have been cheating at this site, but more as a reminder for others, you may have to disconnect/fold the bike rack to charge. You can't back up far enough to connect.

65SoYoLO

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
Awesome. I will be taking a short camping trip in September with 2 e-bikes in the bed, while towing a small camper. This should be a good test.

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's only takes a long trip or two to realize how ubiquitous charging actually is.

Looks like you may have been cheating at this site, but more as a reminder for others, you may have to disconnect/fold the bike rack to charge. You can't back up far enough to connect.
While having a bike rack made it challenging, it wouldn't stop me if I had to do it again. There were sites that allowed for backing through like shown in the pictures. I only took up one slot at those sites. Other sites had pull up sites where you can pull in forward. Both of those options didn't require taking the rack off.

There was only one site that we had to cheat, as you call it, and that was at 1am so it was empty for the 15 minutes we needed to charge.

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s a long trip! Where at in northern Minnesota? I have a cabin in Park Rapids and plan on taking my Beast (if I get it) there this summer.
Duluth MN is where we are now. We are venturing around there and northern WI.

We had some fun today riding our e-mtn bikes on forest roads and trails while spending time at an old gravel pit. It's potato quality video, but it was a lot fun.

clarkbariowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X 90D
Country flag
How is the adaptive cruise control? I can't find a single YouTube video of someone using it in detail.

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How is the adaptive cruise control? I can't find a single YouTube video of someone using it in detail.

The adaptive cruise works well. I'm very impressed with the automatic emergency braking. It saved me from rear ending a car that made an unsignaled right turn this morning. This evening, it hit the brakes when some one crossed a busy road in the country not knowing that all oncoming cars had the sun in their eyes. The car braked before I saw them. I was very grateful.

The only issue I've had is across all my Tesla vehicles. It feels like they all slow down for any yellow signs or lights overhead. That's driving me nuts.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

1000002788.jpg

1000002735.jpg

1000002733.jpg

1000002789.jpg
So Awesome, thanks for sharing!

65SoYoLO

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
One issue is that if you say a speed of 50mph in a 50mph zone and then the posted speed limit raises it lowers, the speed limit on the dash will change, but the max speed on the dash does not change. That caught me off guard a few times.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
While having a bike rack made it challenging, it wouldn't stop me if I had to do it again. There were sites that allowed for backing through like shown in the pictures. I only took up one slot at those sites. Other sites had pull up sites where you can pull in forward. Both of those options didn't require taking the rack off.

There was only one site that we had to cheat, as you call it, and that was at 1am so it was empty for the 15 minutes we needed to charge.
Oh trust me, I'm not saying that it should slow anyone down at all. Just something to be aware of. It's been an issue for Tesla for years.
Sponsored