Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
It is camper day. I have been dreaming about my ideal Cybertruck camper for a while now. Would you consider this?

The ROCC (roll over cab camper) is a pop up camper for Cybertruckers that want maximum internal volume, sleeping comfort and functionality with the least impact to vehicle range and performance. It can provide a comfortable 4 season sleeping area for up to 4 people with an additional bed in the vestibule. The vestibule area is minimally air conditioned but will always provide you with a shelter for changing, cooking, bathing and using the bathroom out of the wind, rain, snow, bugs or scorching sun if the great outdoors is not being great.

Standard Feature List

Comfortable sleeping area for 2 adults plus 2 children
Dry weight < 700 pounds
Very Aerodynamic (same basic coefficient of drag, adds < 5 sf of frontal area)
Under 7' tall on vehicle - fits in a code minimum parking structure
Multiple colors/patterns to choose from to help differentiate your Cybertruck
600 Watt solar panel to charge vehicle battery pack*
Full deployment in <13 minutes with one person (9 minutes with 2)
Quick mode in <4 minutes with one person (<3 with 2)
Heavy lifting and transitions done with a standard battery operated drill
Full standing room in vestibule area
Totally removable - you can hang it from ceiling in garage or carport
3 options for on truck storage to allow for full utilization of your trucks bed space
Roof rack ready mounting locations for towers
Doubles as extended roof rack
Able to secure items under tonneau cover while deployed
Does not interfere with towing (less minor weight reduction)
Can travel while fully deployed up to 15 MPH. (for when a better spot opens up)
Suggested retail price of base model $9995

Available options
Fully equipped $14,995 and < 1000 pounds
Collapsible counter top with sink and storage shelves in bed of truck
Clean water delivery using compressed air
Grey water collection and storage from sink and shower
Induction stovetop
AC/Heat pump/ water heater (not using vehicles)
Extremely efficient thermal control in sleeping area regulated with your smartphone and powered by your Cybertruck battery*.
Batch hot water heater system with shower attachment
Shower/toilet caddy with privacy tent attaches to vestibule outside but can can be used in bed or outside vestibule tent
Cassette type toilet - mates with shower/toilet caddy
Convertible bench seat adds another sleeping option in the vestibule area
Roof rack towers for major manufacturers
Plug in cooler

* pending some cooperation form Tesla

I am not sure why my graphic are not displaying. You will need to open the file. This is patent pending.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
i May be wrong, this post seems like an advertisement.

It is not a product. I am trying to gauge interest a set of features at a certain price point.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
It is camper day. I have been dreaming about my ideal Cybertruck camper for a while now. Would you consider this?

The ROCC (roll over cab camper) is a pop up camper for Cybertruckers that want maximum internal volume, sleeping comfort and functionality with the least impact to vehicle range and performance. It can provide a comfortable 4 season sleeping area for up to 4 people with an additional bed in the vestibule. The vestibule area is minimally air conditioned but will always provide you with a shelter for changing, cooking, bathing and using the bathroom out of the wind, rain, snow, bugs or scorching sun if the great outdoors is not being great.

Standard Feature List

Comfortable sleeping area for 2 adults plus 2 children
Dry weight < 700 pounds
Very Aerodynamic (same basic coefficient of drag, adds < 5 sf of frontal area)
Under 7' tall on vehicle - fits in a code minimum parking structure
Multiple colors/patterns to choose from to help differentiate your Cybertruck
600 Watt solar panel to charge vehicle battery pack*
Full deployment in <13 minutes with one person (9 minutes with 2)
Quick mode in <4 minutes with one person (<3 with 2)
Heavy lifting and transitions done with a standard battery operated drill
Full standing room in vestibule area
Totally removable - you can hang it from ceiling in garage or carport
3 options for on truck storage to allow for full utilization of your trucks bed space
Roof rack ready mounting locations for towers
Doubles as extended roof rack
Able to secure items under tonneau cover while deployed
Does not interfere with towing (less minor weight reduction)
Can travel while fully deployed up to 15 MPH. (for when a better spot opens up)
Suggested retail price of base model $9995

Available options
Fully equipped $14,995 and < 1000 pounds
Collapsible counter top with sink and storage shelves in bed of truck
Clean water delivery using compressed air
Grey water collection and storage from sink and shower
Induction stovetop
AC/Heat pump/ water heater (not using vehicles)
Extremely efficient thermal control in sleeping area regulated with your smartphone and powered by your Cybertruck battery*.
Batch hot water heater system with shower attachment
Shower/toilet caddy with privacy tent attaches to vestibule outside but can can be used in bed or outside vestibule tent
Cassette type toilet - mates with shower/toilet caddy
Convertible bench seat adds another sleeping option in the vestibule area
Roof rack towers for major manufacturers
Plug in cooler

* pending some cooperation form Tesla

I am not sure why my graphic are not displaying. You will need to open the file. This is patent pending.
Minimum viable product Quick mode provides an 80/20 KISS solution to the problem sleeping + travel.

Patent attorneys love to have their clients broadest claims, it lengthens USPTO process and generates most fee. You have claim to an inclined invention that attaches to exoskeleton which provides support for collapsible enlosures. You will get a patent for that invention.

Everything else shown is prior art. Don’t waste your money bundling both embodiments into one appliation. Amend File for patent ASAP, ignore the maximum utility. Attract investor monies or sale outright to manufacturer.

Maximum utility is engineering intense for windage, uplift, structural and attachment that KISS Quik doesn’t present. And it is not the preferred embodiment of the invention.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Minimum viable product Quick mode provides an 80/20 KISS solution to the problem sleeping + travel.

Patent attorneys love to have their clients broadest claims, it lengthens USPTO process and generates most fee. You have claim to an inclined invention that attaches to exoskeleton which provides support for collapsible enlosures. You will get a patent for that invention.

Everything else shown is prior art. Don’t waste your money bundling both embodiments into one appliation. Amend File for patent ASAP, ignore the maximum utility. Attract investor monies or sale outright to manufacturer.

Maximum utility is engineering intense for windage, uplift, structural and attachment that KISS Quik doesn’t present. And it is not the preferred embodiment of the invention.
Thanks for the advice.

There is already a guy on this site working on a very nice quick mode. My invention is for people that want maximum versatility, volume, and efficiency. My provisional patent has 27 pages of figures, drawings, and specification on how to get there.

I realize there is a lot of engineering and design to make it safe, sleek, and economical to build. I have already reached out to a couple companies already in the field and gotten one nibble.

What I really need is a investor partner to get to a marketable prototype or animated rendering at the least. From there we could do the crowdsource thing like Cyberlander or more conventional development, marketing and distribution. If anybody is interested, I think they can contact me through the email function on this site.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This is awesome! yes please.
Thanks for your encouragement. I am waiting for an official response from the patent office and then I will be more aggressive about looking for partners.
Sponsored