Selling Cybertruck - approval from Tesla required?

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
I have purchased 3 Teslas and have never gotten this experience. In fact my interactions with reps have often resulted in errors and delays in my orders. I have been told a manager would call me back 7 times, and only ever had it happen once.

Trust me I am as far from a Karen as you can get. I regularly accept lower quality service or products so I do not need to "bother" the employees. If a waiter at a restaurant gets my order wrong, I just eat what they brought. But somehow my interactions with Tesla have been the worst in my life.

It comes down to ownership, no one at Tesla I have interacted with has it that . If someone makes a mistake, they don't care. If someone promises something and it doesn't happen, they don't care.

Most recently I took in my Cybertruck to get some scratches that were present at delivery removed. They accepted my service request and asked me to drop off the truck. When they called to say that it was ready I asked what was done. "We changed something in the door due to a bulletin".

They didnt fix the scratches because they said they didnt have the equipment or training to do so. So why did they even ask me to bring in the truck at all?! When I asked what service center could do it? They had no idea and couldnt look into it for me. Then they just told me to check with a list of the 4 nearest SCs.
Yikes.. I am due to bring my car for service next week because of scratches that were present and documented at delivery. It is a small service center in Santa Monica so good thing I read your post because I am not leaving my car there if all I am told at pickup is that they could not do anything because they are not equipped to deal with this.
Sponsored

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Bronco SAS Badlands
Country flag
I was going to suggest doing a Turo on 1 or the other as well. Likely make money, at least in doing the CT every so often.

EMoeller

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Back on topic, I have been watching Cyberbeast listings. One sold at Auction for 250k a couple weeks back. Now I see a few (maybe 6) listed for 197k at dealerships and they are dropping the price almost daily.

There are now regularly "FOR SALE" notices for CT. This one on PCarmaket ends in a couple of hours. It was at $80k earlier this morning but is now at $119,500 bid...

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2024-tesla-cybertruck-foundation-series/

If you look at the comments for the auction the "dealer" states that there are no issues with purchasing and registering the vehicle, but they do not specifically address the Tesla contract issues.

EMoeller

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
There are now regularly "FOR SALE" notices for CT. This one on PCarmaket ends in a couple of hours. It was at $80k earlier this morning but is now at $119,500 bid...

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2024-tesla-cybertruck-foundation-series/

If you look at the comments for the auction the "dealer" states that there are no issues with purchasing and registering the vehicle, but they do not specifically address the Tesla contract issues.

UPDATE - CT did not meet the minimum $142k price, with highest bid ending at $130k

twowheeled

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, Tesla
Country flag
My opinion is, if Tesla can enforce that clause, they will. I don't know they can or already have. But if they can, I think they will.
Sponsored