Will the Tesla Cybertruck become the best-selling truck in the US?

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Could not agree with you more. You saw the video reaction of Jamie Foxx test driving his employee’s model 3. Imagine HIM driving a Cybertruck on and off road.
Yep. The Cybertruck isn't like any other vehicle. It's a brain virus and it doesn't go away. Yes, it's about all the things people talk about. Range, Performance, Cost. It's all true and yet it's definitely something more. It's mythical. It's fantastic. It's wrong in all the right ways. THATS why it's going to become number 1. We'll justify purchasing it by pointing to the value and specs BUT that's not the reason we all keep coming back to this website and talking with each other about it. We keep doing that because we're like kids on the longest Christmas Eve ever. We can't stop shaking the box.
Sponsored

Kletust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Cybertruck will fit into a couple of niches for fleet vehicles. The biggest being companies that drive and or tow daily but don't travel far enough to need a recharge until they stop for the night. The CT can save companies so much in maintenance and fuel costs that they have the potential of taking over that aspect of the market when the single motor comes out. Once people learn how to mod them, there will be ALOT of potential business in this arena. The assimilation will happen much quicker if Tesla releases a version that actually looks like a truck. Lots of people and businesses don't want to look flashy.

showmemo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 M3P, 2000 M Roadster, XC 40, TriMotor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Give it some time... that's the first step to 're imagining' what a truck should look like. Could redefine the look of the truck segment altogether over the long term.

Ryv

First Name
Ryvyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T-Bird, Focus, Mountaineer, Civic
Occupation
Veteran, Anthropologist, Artist
Country flag
Whilst people vary, I think many or most who reserved/reserving have no intention on trading or selling, but rather keeping as a life long utilitarian mobile living space, especially with solar panels.

The bigger picture still leaves in awe, I suspect, that long life minimum maintenance vehicles are part of puzzle to reaching a cybertronic automated post-capital civilization - Rawls would surely be proud :>

A battery swap seems the only question for CT, and given how long it will last then how much less expensive it should be by then, etc.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I agree. I looked at this vehicle and I immediately knew this could be the last vehicle I ever buy for myself.

I love the design and the stainless steel can outlive me with even minimal care.
Tesla is as far as I know the first manufacturer that constantly updates their car system so you don't really need a new model.
I'm happy to pay for a new battery in the future rather rather than a new vehicles and even replace the motors if I can get better ones down the road.
I'm pretty sure everything else on the Cybertruck, I would be more than capable of replacing myself with the proper parts.

I consider myself a truck guy but I don't really care about newer models or anything like that. My first truck when I was 16 is still with me and always will be, but the Cybertruck was the first vehicle I looked at and right away knew that I needed it.

I want to assume a lot of people see the Cybertruck as amazing as I do.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Whilst people vary, I think many or most who reserved/reserving have no intention on trading or selling, but rather keeping as a life long utilitarian mobile living space, especially with solar panels.

The bigger picture still leaves in awe, I suspect, that long life minimum maintenance vehicles are part of puzzle to reaching a cybertronic automated post-capital civilization - Rawls would surely be proud :>

A battery swap seems the only question for CT, and given how long it will last then how much less expensive it should be by then, etc.
This right here will have a HUGE effect on resell values. If there aren't many used ones on the market, and the demand for CT's are more than Tesla can produce, used ones could be at a premium.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
After I posted the comment above, I decided I had to put down another $100 to reserve a Tri-motor. Because I'm not that happy with 300 miles of range with the Dual Motor. However there is a possibility my wife will really like the Cybertruck and we may really want a Tri-Motor for road trips. If all else fails, we could sell the Dual when the Tri reservation comes up.

So, when I went to Tesla's website there weren't links to The Cybertruck and it was difficult but I Googled it and got an order page. I immediately looked at my reservation number and I'm 1,200,954 behind the original number of rn-112744100 from the night of the release. WOW, I know they're not all Cybertrucks and there are many that won't follow through with their reservations, but WOW!

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
I'm gonna say NO.

Not without a real 500+ mile version. (And no, a range extender that butchers the bed doesn't count).

IF that ever happens, YES, definitely possible.
Sponsored