Sometimes a Cybertruck is JUST a Cybertruck....

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
What does a Rachel option refer to?
Rachel was a replicant who believed she was human. Instead of ending her Deckard coaches ("rapes her") ... I think Rachel option refers to cybersex.
Sponsored

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
What does a Rachel option refer to?
This type of option is the perfect women, polite, very smart, pretty to look at, over dresses for most occasions, and she does not require the attention of a man. I once was married to this option and it did not work out for me. Now Love is the other option she is very efficient at task, nice eye candy, stronger than she looks and witty. She does not play well with others. Tough call....better to check interior options it's a safe play.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Rachel was a replicant who believed she was human. Instead of ending her Deckard coaches ("rapes her") ... I think Rachel option refers to cybersex.
What's a replicant? What's a Deckard? What's cybersex? What's sex?

Oh never mind -- I'm obviously way too old for any of this.

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
What's a replicant? What's a Deckard? What's cybersex? What's sex?

Oh never mind -- I'm obviously way too old for any of this.
just go watch the movie, one of my favorites. And then you’ll understand the unveiling presentation girl more.

@Dids..... perhaps the Tess option would be more appropos. “Your basic pleasure model “ ?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
just go watch the movie, one of my favorites. And then you’ll understand the unveiling presentation girl more.

@Dids..... perhaps the Tess option would be more appropos. “Your basic pleasure model “ ?
Thanks for giving me a name for my CT:
"Basic Pleasure Model Tess."

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for giving me a name for my CT:
"Basic Pleasure Model Tess."
You'd probably find "Joi" to be more emotionally stable. Watch the movie(s) !

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If its the 3 motor its not a basic model. Thats the tri-tess, but maybe thats more a total recall.
<sigh>

In any event, I should have named the thread "Do androids dream of electric trucks?"

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Yes, please.
Sure.

Eyes have two kinds of photo-receptors (image detectors on the retina), rods that detect motion in minimal light, and cones that see forms that are better lit. Lower species have side-mounted eyes with rods. More evolved ones (primates) have forward-located eyes with some rods replaced by cones. (Thus they can recognize each other by sight, and see where they are going, especially in the safety of branch to branch.)

With the rod-to-cone switch, they lose some of their night vision, so to be less vulnerable at night they are programmed to hide up a tree and keep still. According to evolutionary theory, that's the purpose of sleep, which dominates the primates' night more than that of lower (less evolved) species.

But something slithers up the tree for a bite. The monkey wakes and has to leap to a safer branch -- that it has to focus on. The jump-distance is detected from the convergence of the two eyes, that is, the eyes turn inward a precise amount. Each primate eye has six muscles that move it. That requires a sudden and exact coordination of 12 muscles with the brain. Take too much time to get the eyes moving right and it's over.

The solution is to exercise the vision neuro-musculature periodically (about every 90'). To do this, the brain creates vivid visual imagery and makes the eyes focus together, rapidly back and forth. In short, the purpose of dreams is to "lubricate" the visual apparatus. The content of these images is irrelevant, which is why they're forgotten (unless you wake during one). I consider that the strongest theory explaining why we dream.

You can easily do this. Fixate your gaze on something. Put a hand behind your head, wiggle your fingers and move your hand slowly forward until your vision lets you know your hand's there. Hold your fingers steady and they just about disappear. (Our cones are at the center of the retina whereas the edge has rods. So your peripheral vision detects motion -- but not form.)

Sweet dreams, whatever the reason.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Sure.

Eyes have two kinds of photo-receptors (image detectors on the retina), rods that detect motion in minimal light, and cones that see forms that are better lit. Lower species have side-mounted eyes with rods. More evolved ones (primates) have forward-located eyes with some rods replaced by cones. (Thus they can recognize each other by sight, and see where they are going, especially in the safety of branch to branch.)

With the rod-to-cone switch, they lose some of their night vision, so to be less vulnerable at night they are programmed to hide up a tree and keep still. According to evolutionary theory, that's the purpose of sleep, which dominates the primates' night more than that of lower (less evolved) species.

But something slithers up the tree for a bite. The monkey wakes and has to leap to a safer branch -- that it has to focus on. The jump-distance is detected from the convergence of the two eyes, that is, the eyes turn inward a precise amount. Each primate eye has six muscles that move it. That requires a sudden and exact coordination of 12 muscles with the brain. Take too much time to get the eyes moving right and it's over.

The solution is to exercise the vision neuro-musculature periodically (about every 90'). To do this, the brain creates vivid visual imagery and makes the eyes focus together, rapidly back and forth. In short, the purpose of dreams is to "lubricate" the visual apparatus. The content of these images is irrelevant, which is why they're forgotten (unless you wake during one). I consider that the strongest theory explaining why we dream.

You can easily do this. Fixate your gaze on something. Put a hand behind your head, wiggle your fingers and move your hand slowly forward until your vision lets you know your hand's there. Hold your fingers steady and they just about disappear. (Our cones are at the center of the retina whereas the edge has rods. So your peripheral vision detects motion -- but not form.)

Sweet dreams, whatever the reason.
Thats so woke centric. Just as a chicken is just the means an egg uses to produce more eggs, wakefulness is the means Dreams use to ensure more dreams. By which I mean that sleeping /dreaming is the natural state and wakefulness/ conscience is what the body uses to supply the safety and supplies to ensure successful dreaming!

OP
OP
fritter63

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thats so woke centric. Just as a chicken is just the means an egg uses to produce more eggs, wakefulness is the means Dreams use to ensure more dreams. By which I mean that sleeping /dreaming is the natural state and wakefulness/ conscience is what the body uses to supply the safety and supplies to ensure successful dreaming!
If you like pondering reality vs dreams, this was a fun little series/plot, didn't last more than a season though:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839683/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_56

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
I consider that the strongest theory explaining why we dream.
I like it.

Also the parsing of the days experiences temporarily stored in short term memory and choosing what to store in long term memory, while compressing/integrating things learned (training your neural net). We basically ~experiance~ the data as it is parsed and then wiped from the ram so it is clean and ready for another day of data absorbtion

~ seems to be a potential function of dreaming

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Nah... Just a beautiful option package...
And, rape? Nah. Particularly not when 'Father'/'F#$&-+ (I want more life, F#$&-+!) set them up to mate in the first place. Besides, they're machines without souls. Created. The only thing they have is what we bestow them with.

Personally, I'm opting for the Roy. Brutal, honest, capable and defiant. Only to be lost in time, like tears in rain.

áşž
Sponsored