StarLink Pre-Orders Now Available

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
They are still setting up their network, so they cannot offer ultimate connectivity to all areas, and plus this is a live test, I'm sure. So, enjoy... you may be able to get a discount that might stick even after it goes live. Best wishes. I will get mine later. peace
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I was contacted last month about it being available in my region. Just outside the twin cities in MN.
I think Elon was saying the poles would get it first. Then, as the network is completed, it will fill in the rest of the world. Enjoy

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think Elon was saying the poles would get it first. Then, as the network is completed, it will fill in the rest of the world. Enjoy
Yes, this is because the orbits converge near the poles. So it takes fewer satellites for the system to work up there.

They're also operating in mirror mode, and don't have the lasers for satellite to satellite jumps functioning yet (and in fact, most of them that have been launched don't even have the lasers yet.)

-Crissa

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Nothing going on at the poles yet

Live Starlink Satellite Map
Interesting live map. It was Elon speak, so, it could have meant a lot of things that don't come to the normal mind. Also, the magnetic poles have drifted - Magnetic North, last I heard (years ago, pretransition), was just north of Russian soil, east of UK. That would put the South Pole directly opposite, off of South America.

Funny, looks like it's drifted away from that location. But, this drift is why I don't question the goings on of crazy weather patterns. Shift the poles as much as they have, and figure all that is tied to that pole - equator, polar ice caps, crazy ocean currents, etc. All that would also try to realign with the polor shift, screwing up everything. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Nothing going on at the poles yet

Live Starlink Satellite Map
That's how orbits work, dear. They don't go directly over the pole, no. Notice how all the orbits crowd together below 60° Latitude? These are polar orbits which are about 30° off so they form a lattice.

-Crissa

OP
OP
CyberOwl

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
That's how orbits work, dear. They don't go directly over the pole, no. Notice how all the orbits crowd together below 60° Latitude? These are polar orbits which are about 30° off so they form a lattice.

-Crissa
I got it, just wanted to make sure near the poles still meant near the poles. We aren't even in the arctic circle yet. The first truly polar batch recently launched and are currently maneuvering into position, they are equipped with the fancy lazeerbeams. Eventually the whole earth will be evenly covered, including the poles.

That map is a total mindtrip to watch...I think I can see the lanes. I want it as the background to my cyberdash

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
This is the first time I've seen this map. Very interesting. My eye was immediately drawn to a dot very near where I live. There are gateways in both of SpaceX's Texas locations. But Hamshire.... It's a small community off IH-10, just outside of Beaumont.

Tesla Cybertruck StarLink Pre-Orders Now Available starlink

OP
OP
CyberOwl

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
This is the first time I've seen this map. Very interesting. My eye was immediately drawn to a dot very near where I live. There are gateways in both of SpaceX's Texas locations. But Hamshire.... It's a small community off IH-10, just outside of Beaumont.
Seems like a lot of the gateways are in random out of the way areas, maybe security? Keep in mind, those yellow dots will be almost as important to early users as the satellites themselves. You need to be inside a circle that is also occupied by a yellow dot to get service (for now). In Big Sur we will be serviced by 7! gateways.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Jeep Laredo, 2012 jeep Patriot, and 2015 Kia Forte
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Hello,
I read that it is first come first serve...so orders mines yesterday and will be available here in California by 3rd quarter through 4th quarter of 2021. My only service here is AT& T 80-100 mb, no Spectrum 100mb, Frontier/fiber 150mb, and Verizon/fiber 150mb. Only satellite is Viasat 25 mb and HughesNet 50mb is available but cost the same as Starlink.
Only thing is sad is my orders for Cyber-truck is til 2023, order number 500,000 out of 700,000 of all. In the mean time I guess put up the truck while camping in a lease X or Y until it arrives...!

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Hello,
I read that it is first come first serve...so orders mines yesterday and will be available here in California by 3rd quarter through 4th quarter of 2021. My only service here is AT& T 80-100 mb, no Spectrum 100mb, Frontier/fiber 150mb, and Verizon/fiber 150mb. Only satellite is Viasat 25 mb and HughesNet 50mb is available but cost the same as Starlink.
Only thing is sad is my orders for Cyber-truck is til 2023, order number 500,000 out of 700,000 of all. In the mean time I guess put up the truck while camping in a lease X or Y until it arrives...!
Starlink is a combo of 1st come 1 serve/ when its available in your area
Sponsored