Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This I had not heard of before so it was a surprise to me. It was actually a really nice looking truck. And its got an f'n midgate for all you midgate freaks!

20220415_202255.jpg
20220415_202309.jpg
20220415_202327.jpg
20220415_202339.jpg
20220415_202629.jpg
20220415_202633.jpg

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
There were many more hybrids, plugin hybrids, and ev's that I did not take pictures of. Overall, I was really impressed with the Volvo XC40 Full Electric SUV, and surprisingly the F150 Lightning! I still love the cybertruck most, but after checking out the truck in person and riding in it, I would not be miserable if I had to settle for an F150 Lightning.

Honorable mention for me was the Jeep Wrangler 4xE. It was awesome! Granted I would never buy it cause its still a hybrid. If they made the Jeep Wrangler as a fully electric, I might find it a tough decision!

Nevermind all the other awesome non EV cars there... but this one I couldn't pass up taking a photo of.

20220415_205508.jpg

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I like that Kia SUV, be very interesting seeing how close they land to the concept.
Yeah I seriously liked that Kia SUV concept. The triangle wheels were pretty nice and the side view camera wings were incredible. Hard to tell in the photos but they had LED lights for the front facing edge to the "wings". I assume they blink yellow with the blinkers enabled.

I was honestly impressed with the qty and styling of many of the ev's... and how they've all come out with them in such short order. I do question how so many brands were all able to design and implement new technology so fast, or any of their abilities to mass produce them in the near term.

My biggest criticism with all the ev's there is no matter which brand.. they all seem to have adopted essentially the same style and look. The form factor of a Ford Mustang Mach E compared to a Volvo XC40 compared to so many of the other brand's ev models were like siblings in terms of differences. Its like someone tasked all the manufacturers to create an electric vehicle based on a text description of one, and what we got were each manufacturers attempt to draw the same vehicle, with the exception of the Kia/Hyundai stuff which happened to get a little more creative in their styles.

The trucks all looked like natural evolutions of their non-ev parents/grandparents, but were a great start for those ev lines.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
One final comment on my opinions of all these other evs is that every single one of them has almost a useless sized frunk, with the exception of the truck. Its like they will barely fit a backpack in them! I was shocked at how small the frunks were on every one of them. Especially when you see every Tesla car with massive frunks!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One final comment on my opinions of all these other evs is that every single one of them has almost a useless sized frunk, with the exception of the truck. Its like they will barely fit a backpack in them! I was shocked at how small the frunks were on every one of them. Especially when you see every Tesla car with massive frunks!
The Frunk and the under cargo area storage are pretty nice and not a ton of other brands have it.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Just read up on the Chevy Silverado EV and just saw that it also has all wheel steering. For those who want midgate pass through and all wheel steering, that may be your preferred truck. So can we now move on from trying to jam a round peg into a square truck? ha!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just read up on the Chevy Silverado EV and just saw that it also has all wheel steering. For those who want midgate pass through and all wheel steering, that may be your preferred truck. So can we now move on from trying to jam a round peg into a square truck? ha!
A polygonal truck…

I doubt the Silverado will be near as nice in most ways.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
https://autoshowny.com/vehicles/

I'm not commenting on the quality of those EV vehicles with a presence at the auto show, just that there are quite a few models/brands presenting fully electric cars/suvs/trucks at this weekend's auto show at the Javitz center.

I will be going, cause its right next to the ferry I take home from work, and both thought "hmm.. I haven't been to an auto show in decades since my parents used to take us every year in the 80's and 90's" and "what an easy detour on my way home from work to check out a bunch of new electric vehicles I've never seen before."

Unfortunately, Tesla has zero presence there! I understand they have no marketing department, but this seems like a no brainer to start attracting people who wouldn't go out of their way to check out a Tesla any other time. It's part of the fun of auto shows.. jumping into every single car and imagining owning/driving it. I'm sure they would start to attract a few more people who wouldn't normally consider one when they get butts in seats and start to experience them in person. We are still at a point where most people haven't actually sat in one or know very many people with them to get a chance to ride in one. To be fair.. Rivian also doesn't have a presence at the show. Sucks cause I would really like to see the R1T in person also!

I'll be taking a close look at the F150 Lightning for my father who has already said he plans on buying one of those in a few years. He is not the target audience for the cybertruck and is quite sick of hearing me talk about it! But has no qualms about getting a fully electric truck when it's time for him to upgrade.

Anyone else plan on going?

I'll post pictures when I get them.

EDIT: adding the link to F150 Lightning video here for ease of finding...
Why attract more buyers when you can’t meet supply and demand for all the current orders I ordered dual motor I’m at 110,00 position before they cancelled single motor

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Totally agree
Sponsored