Strong Non-Tesla EV presence at the 2022 New York International Auto Show

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
@Throwcomputer

This is rad, thank you so much.

I think the Silverado looks hot too.
The Silverado looks sweet. At this point I had placed my Cybertruck dual order November the 23rd 2019 I am 110,00 on list before single motor was cancelled, 2023 I will be Going on my 4th year of waiting it’s like a unicorn 🦄 at this point if something does not happen early 2023 and Silverado or another vehicle comes out that pulls my trigger I am going with that mfg. and every body can say ohhh puts us one spot closer. And I say to what another year or two wait, plus I have another order at around 250,000 haha. Or maybe I negotiate my early spot if it goes late into 2023. $$$
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Just read up on the Chevy Silverado EV and just saw that it also has all wheel steering.
Just read up on the Chevy Silverado EV and just saw that it also has all wheel steering. For those who want midgate pass through and all wheel steering, that may be your preferred truck.
Elon already said Cybertruck will have All-Wheel-Steer a truck technology that is over 20 years old.

The primary difference between Cybertruck & Silverrado is

Cybertruck is supposedly going to have tough no-paint scratch-resistant dent-resistant rust-resistant cold rolled stainless steel body panels and the huge powered covered vault (mayge 30-40% larger than competition).

Silverado is supposedly going to have a fragile painted easily scratch-able dent-able aluminum body panels, rustable steel frame and much smaller covered bed.

So can we now move on from trying to jam a round peg into a square truck? ha!
I have not seen anybody asking for a round mid-gate pass-thru (round peg hole).

Rectangular or square mid-gate that opens large enough for average human to pass-thru would be great on the square-ish, rectangular-ish polygonal Cybertruck.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Elon already said Cybertruck will have All-Wheel-Steer a truck technology that is over 20 years old.

The primary difference between Cybertruck & Silverrado is

Cybertruck is supposedly going to have tough no-paint scratch-resistant dent-resistant rust-resistant body panels and the huge powered covered vault.

Silverado is supposedly going to have a fragile painted easily scratch-able dent-able aluminum body panels, rustable steel frame and much smaller covered bed.

I have not seen anybody asking for a round mid-gate pass-thru (round peg hole).

Rectangular or square mid-gate that opens large enough for average human to pass-thru would be great on the square-ish, rectangular-ish polygonal Cybertruck.
Apparently subtle sarcasm and metaphors go over your head!

I am well aware that the CT has all wheel steering and that a midgate pass through is a square ish hole. I was making a joke and sarcastically suggesting the midgate crowd pass on the CT in favor of the Silverado because I think too many people on here are trying to fit too many non essential features into this truck which would end up diluding the primary usage of the truck bed in the CT's situation.

It's all in good fun, until someone takes it at face value. 😂

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag

At first glance, my lizard brain didn't fully translate what I was looking at. For a split second that was a laptop dock, monitor, and printer. I actually got fired up.

..."!!! Aw C'mon! This isn't what mobile office/remote work is . . . Oh. . . nevermind."

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Just read up on the Chevy Silverado EV and just saw that it also has all wheel steering. For those who want midgate pass through and all wheel steering, that may be your preferred truck. So can we now move on from trying to jam a round peg into a square truck? ha!
That is an Avalanche. Badges are an intentional misdirection.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These other EV,s may reach a point where they are equals to the Tesla’s but without a charging network it doesn’t matter. Tesla is still the only practical choice unless your looking for a commute only car.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why attract more buyers when you can’t meet supply and demand for all the current orders I ordered dual motor I’m at 110,00 position before they cancelled single motor
A lot has to do with perception and keeping their brand in peoples mind. A lot of people like GM and would prefer to get another GM. GM doesn’t want their customers leaking over to Tesla because they don’t have enough trucks to sell.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
@Throwcomputer
Thanks for all the pictures!

I quite like the kia SUV with its sharp body lines, as well and the Silverado. Haven't seen the kia before but it looks like it might be a similar platform to the Hyundai Palesaide, which is actually a decent well packaged large car, value for money wise.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
At first glance, my lizard brain didn't fully translate what I was looking at. For a split second that was a laptop dock, monitor, and printer. I actually got fired up.

..."!!! Aw C'mon! This isn't what mobile office/remote work is . . . Oh. . . nevermind."
It was like a bread maker, and a tv with soundbar. I saw another video on youtube from some guy who went to the invite only Brooklyn waterfront reveal of the lightning. They had 2 industrial barco projectors that are like 20k watts each plugged into the bed of the lightning projecting whatever it was onto a building. Just to prove how much power the truck can provide.

Point of the photo though.. was the chintsy pull out tailgate step.

I saw an ICE truck with an awesome drop down tailgate step that stowed away beneath the bed and you just had to step on the tab sticking out from under the bumper to get the step to extend out for you. It was nice. There was also a trend of automatic retractable step bars on trucks and big SUV's at the show. I hadn't seen auto retractable step bars before so I thought that was awesome.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
He mistook the goofy pull out tailgate step for a seat on a really crappy mobile office setup on the back of the truck. The truck bed was the “desk” and the tailgate step the chair. The screen the monitor and the ice-chest was a printer.

That tailgate step is super goofy. I guess that’s what you have to do when your truck is sitting on a 20 inch thick battery.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It was like a bread maker, and a tv with soundbar. I saw another video on youtube from some guy who went to the invite only Brooklyn waterfront reveal of the lightning. They had 2 industrial barco projectors that are like 20k watts each plugged into the bed of the lightning projecting whatever it was onto a building. Just to prove how much power the truck can provide.

I saw an ICE truck with an awesome drop down tailgate step that stowed away beneath the bed and you just had to step on the tab sticking out from under the bumper to get the step to extend out for you. It was nice. There was also a trend of automatic retractable step bars on trucks and big SUV's at the show. I hadn't seen auto retractable step bars before so I thought that was awesome.
I was looking at the bumper corner integrated steps to get into the bed, and thought that would be nice to have on the CT. There doesn't seem to be a easy way to get in yet and the corner steps are just there and ready to use all the time. Might need a grab handle in the bed to help climbing up, that could also be used as a tie down point.

If it doesn't have it we might get an aftermarket rear bumper with them and a couple of detatchable swing out spare wheel holders, and a maxtrax/ski rack/bike rack.

download (1).jpeg

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I was looking at the bumper corner integrated steps to get into the bed, and thought that would be nice to have on the CT. There doesn't seem to be a easy way to get in yet and the corner steps are just there and ready to use all the time. Might need a grab handle in the bed to help climbing up, that could also be used as a tie down point.

If it doesn't have it we might get an aftermarket rear bumper with them and a couple of detatchable swing out spare wheel holders, and a maxtrax/ski rack/bike rack.
Tailgate on the Tesla is lower by default and the air suspension can lower it even more. Musk didn’t have any trouble climbing up onto his truck when he did the Leno demo.
Sponsored