Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Subaru Forrester Sport
Occupation
Biotech
Country flag
What exactly is wrong with State Farm? I just add the Cybertruck to my policy with them for $81 per month. Are they just difficult if there's a claim?
I was a long time State Farm client with multiple rental houses. I had a tenant have a full on mental beakdown and ruin one of my houses, I'm talking smearing poop on the walls. I filed a claim with State Farm and they sent out an adjuster who (I later found out) was on a performance improvement plan because he was about to be fired along with another adjuster who was basically babysitting him. I was told that every room in the rental would require a separate claim and deductible charge. The crap adjuster also yelled at me when I asked for a rent check be added to the claim because I had rent coverage.
I had to spend an afternoon in the office of my State Farm broker, refusing to leave till someone sent over a proper adjuster.

That's just one of a zillion stories you'll here. They are a hall of horrors to deal with
Sponsored

Killlbox

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Subaru Forrester Sport
Occupation
Biotech
Country flag
I left Seattle when Covid hit and always loved SafeCo. Are they not a thing out there anymore?

OP
OP

Bob-offroader

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Looks 3.4K for 6months the best I can get so far. Don’t know if it is just my individual scenario but seems most of others here got under 200/m.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Looks 3.4K for 6months the best I can get so far. Don’t know if it is just my individual scenario but seems most of others here got under 200/m.
Mine is 350/month from safeco but i have a sixteen years old new driver, so i was prepared for that.

Solrael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax, pending cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I use an insurance broker, Right Sure. Might see if they can find you something

CyberJerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 performance, soon to be cybertruck also
Country flag
try going online directly to Progressive and others. Maybe using the agent is the problem.

OP
OP

Bob-offroader

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
try going online directly to Progressive and others. Maybe using the agent is the problem.
I talked to progressive directly. The lady was kind enough asking tons of questions until the last second.. asking quotesupport department right away and they say it is because of Tesla they don’t know how to quote..clearly lying. the lady said it is due to WA.. I don’t know why

CT425

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Confirmed RN1128xxxxx
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you tried Allstate?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My wife added the Cybertruck to our existing car policy using my phone (texting only!) as we drove to the delivery center to pick up the Cybertruck. It was painless. I haven't checked the premium yet but I don't expect any surprises.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My wife added the Cybertruck to our existing car policy using my phone (texting only!) as we drove to the delivery center to pick up the Cybertruck. It was painless. I haven't checked the premium yet but I don't expect any surprises.
Yeah, it seems not having existing insurance is red-flagging his attempt to insure a vehicle also without a history.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Bob-offroader

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Which company?

RN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FS AWD
Country flag
I talked to progressive directly. The lady was kind enough asking tons of questions until the last second.. asking quotesupport department right away and they say it is because of Tesla they don’t know how to quote..clearly lying. the lady said it is due to WA.. I don’t know why
I tried to add the truck to my progressive policy online but at the last step website asked me to call customer service. Followed the instructions and called the customer service the agent added the truck to my policy without any issues. You might want to try call them again with different agent.

Defiant

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, AWD Foundation series Cybertruck
Country flag
If you’re at Costco member their auto insurance which is connect will ensure the cyber truck. We had connect through Costco, but because one of our other cars is being used for a work purpose now that’s classified as business use we had to switch to Safeco. I live in Central Washington.

if you would like our insurance agents information who is over on the west side let me know and I can get it to you.
Sponsored