Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Agreed and hope for some 'treatment' after the BKF to make it last many months. Sometimes you trade one problem for another ;)
I've used BKF to clean industrial stainless steel counters and my personal stainless steel cookware for decades. It can restore to its original finish the inner surface of a pot that had food completely burned on to a hard mass. BFK's fine abrasives in remove surface contaminants and any light rust as well as very fine scratches. The oxalic acid in BKF restores the passivation layer - just a few molecules thick - of chromium oxide on the surface, preventing oxidation of the iron content of the steel. Those pots of mine have a beautiful, even patina and looks just a good as new except for a few scratches made by guests unknowingly using hard/sharp stainless utensils to dig or scrape at them.

I suspect BFK will scrub off any surface treatment/coating/whatever that might be applied to the truck, but that's OK with me, as I don't expect to use any other treatment.

The surface of my truck will receive far less daily abuse than the exterior and interior surfaces of my cookware, so I think BFK will work for the truck, too. Besides, I had a case of BKF in my pantry before I ordered the truck....
Sponsored

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Good to see it go through a regular carwash. We've always taken our Teslas (a MS, MS and MY) through the automatic carwash. Really great that the Cybertruck has a Carwash Mode! That's a big step forward. Wish they had that on other Teslas years ago.
Sponsored