Taking too long... Just Ordered a Model Y.

rjo71342

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current:outlander phev, next:cybertruck
Occupation
custtomer service
Country flag
Okay, to be fair, it's not really taking too long. However, I'm guessing it may be some time before I may take a delivery of a Trimotor. Maybe never. I'm about 200K-th position on the list and quads will be built first. I don't want to pay more for a quad, not sure what I'll do, but I suspect it's likely that I won't be able to get the truck until 2024.

My current vehicle's warranty is expiring mid year and I already spend too much on maintenance, I don't want to know how much it will cost when it surpasses 72K miles. I can also get a ridiculous price for my current vehicle on the used market and I don't want to be rushing to try to find a Tesla at the last minute, so model Y it is.

Whenever my CT order comes up I will sell the MY and move to the truck.

1641864474291.png
i understand this and agree with this move, and for me personally being in australia where we are still complaining about NO MODEL Y's (hurry up elon) we will not see the CT till at least late 2024 unless we get a dedicated LHS(RHD) production line. i need to get rid of a 13 year old Mitsubishi outlander and get into a EV
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
i understand this and agree with this move, and for me personally being in australia where we are still complaining about NO MODEL Y's (hurry up elon) we will not see the CT till at least late 2024 unless we get a dedicated LHS(RHD) production line. i need to get rid of a 13 year old Mitsubishi outlander and get into a EV
It can't be long now, as they're taking orders in the UK finally, and they were making some in Shanghai so... Cross fingers?

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
FYI; Tesla is cracking down on those buyers who don't take delivery for whatever reason.
Really? Well that cracks me up!

Given my advanced years, the size of the wait-list, the repeated delays, and my location (Canada), there's no way I'll still be alive when it's my turn to take delivery.

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Finally reactivated my delivery and here it is!

Tried the supercharger on the way home from the Tesla service center, just to verify. 😜

Had it’s first two bucket wash!

Ceramic coating sometime this week.

Should keep me going until my CT arrives. 😊

Tesla Cybertruck Taking too long... Just Ordered a Model Y. 37AC2D51-0D53-450E-BAEC-83597A789982

Tesla Cybertruck Taking too long... Just Ordered a Model Y. 09B96DC2-8902-44CC-9185-F2DDD889BA02
Tesla Cybertruck Taking too long... Just Ordered a Model Y. D39BE4B8-E5E1-438C-9C39-583449622477

Tesla Cybertruck Taking too long... Just Ordered a Model Y. 200021F0-2791-479B-A941-AB35B7070334

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Enjoy! We have logged 21k miles on our 2021 DM Model Y and love it. We purchased it brand new for $48,990 and chose the 20” Induction wheels as the only option.

Other than a loose rear view mirror the car has been trouble free. It also doesn’t have an rattles or squeaks, a huge pet peeve of mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Enjoy! We have logged 21k miles on our 2021 DM Model Y and love it. We purchased it brand new for $48,990 and chose the 20” Induction wheels as the only option.

Other than a loose rear view mirror the car has been trouble free. It also doesn’t have an rattles or squeaks, a huge pet peeve of mine.
I hope to have many hassle free miles! My husband's Model 3 has been trouble free, just the 12V battery needed replacing. I believe I have the new LiPo 15V battery, but I haven't confirmed. I think I need to remove the shroud in the frunk to confirm, or maybe all 2022 Performance Model Y's get them, not sure.

I do have a service appointment scheduled already for some mild panel alignment issues, one potential paint issue. Want to get it all sorted quickly.

I subscribed to monthly FSD for now, going to request the beta in a few days, for now just getting used to the car. I may not keep the subscription, I do find Autopilot useful, the extras you get for $200 a month are nice, but not really worth it. Autopilot alone is waaaaaay better than the advanced driver assist in my Golf R. Really curious to experience the beta on city streets. I'll have to qualify, but I'm going to drive like a grandma for a week after I sign up (or whenever Tesla starts the driver score monitoring).

Getting back in the Golf R reminds me of how Teslas and EVs in general I think really are a huge step forward. The Golf feels clunky, analog, mechanical cogs and gears.

Oh, and the acceleration... holy sh!t. I have a Draggy and will post a video of a 0-60 run and other things, not that there aren't a million on Youtube, but why not. 😜
Sponsored