TESLA After purchase service record...what's the story/facts about Tesla...anyone know??

bimerguy

First Name
cw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberturck to be
Country flag
I'm ready for my new Cybertruck and it will be my first EV and looking forward to all it has to offer.
Since this is my first EV and Tesla I've began researching the EV and Tesla for after purchase needs such as parts, warranty and pricing. At this time, my reference for warranty and service after purchase with Tesla is a little disturbing but I have high hopes since we have 2 more years for Tesla to get better.

Based on the TESLA forums, the owners of new and used Tesla EVs have a lot of negative experiences in regards to warranty parts availability, repairs timeliness, service dept promises, loaners while servicing and not to mention delivery deadlines as a moving target.

It appears that the product innovations and expertise don't carry over to the after purchase needs of owners. And I do understand that negative experiences tend to get more publicity than positive but then again that's why I was researching ALL reviews of Tesla Service/After sale record.

This Cybertruck will be my daily service vehicle an main transportation because of it high quality and innovations and I'm hoping that the after sale needs will not make me/us wish these items were near perfect as the vehicle.

Thanks for any replies and this post is not about bashing but rather about gathering the Facts for future planning of such a cutting-edge EV truck.
Sponsored

Joelm

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Tesla M3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Self employeed
Country flag
I'm ready for my new Cybertruck and it will be my first EV and looking forward to all it has to offer.
Since this is my first EV and Tesla I've began researching the EV and Tesla for after purchase needs such as parts, warranty and pricing. At this time, my reference for warranty and service after purchase with Tesla is a little disturbing but I have high hopes since we have 2 more years for Tesla to get better.

Based on the TESLA forums, the owners of new and used Tesla EVs have a lot of negative experiences in regards to warranty parts availability, repairs timeliness, service dept promises, loaners while servicing and not to mention delivery deadlines as a moving target.

It appears that the product innovations and expertise don't carry over to the after purchase needs of owners. And I do understand that negative experiences tend to get more publicity than positive but then again that's why I was researching ALL reviews of Tesla Service/After sale record.

This Cybertruck will be my daily service vehicle an main transportation because of it high quality and innovations and I'm hoping that the after sale needs will not make me/us wish these items were near perfect as the vehicle.

Thanks for any replies and this post is not about bashing but rather about gathering the Facts for future planning of such a cutting-edge EV truck.
My son has a M3 and has had limited need for service. The only thing was adding the home link module and it was scheduled in the app about 5 days later installed at our office.

G-squared

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 MX, 2018 M3, CT on order
Occupation
USN Retired
Country flag
I've owned a MX since 2016 (which was totaled by a 21 y.o. female making an illegal left turn), a 2018 replacement MX and my wife has owned a M3 since early 2018. Service needs have been minimal (zero for the M3, routine 2 year checkup for the totaled 2018) and 100% satisfactory every time. Once needed road ranger for 12 v battery replacement in the 2016 MX; again, 100% satisfactory. Add to this the virtual lack of need for routine maintenance, e. g. radiator coolant, oil change, transmission fluid, etc., etc., etc. Can't comment on parts replacement; have never had any need (other than 12v battery).

JayP90X

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P90D
Country flag
Tesla has come a long way and is now a well established major player among auto companies but remember it's still just a few years old. With that considered, the amount of service centers and how well they run are actually pretty amazing.

Yes, (some) parts availability is still an issue, but for the most part service is fast, prompt and performed with a good attitude. And they can often make smaller services and fixes via a mobile service truck that they dispatch to you so you don't even have to visit a service center. I've taken my P90D in twice - once for Falcon door creak and another for an annoying rattle and both times I was given a nice late-model S as a loaner.

The service and parts availability will only get better as Tesla becomes more and more established. So it'll be improved even by the time we take our Cybertruck deliveries.

Joelm

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Tesla M3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Self employeed
Country flag
Tesla has come a long way and is now a well established major player among auto companies but remember it's still just a few years old. With that considered, the amount of service centers and how well they run are actually pretty amazing.

Yes, (some) parts availability is still an issue, but for the most part service is fast, prompt and performed with a good attitude. And they can often make smaller services and fixes via a mobile service truck that they dispatch to you so you don't even have to visit a service center. I've taken my P90D in twice - once for Falcon door creak and another for an annoying rattle and both times I was given a nice late-model S as a loaner.

The service and parts availability will only get better as Tesla becomes more and more established. So it'll be improved even by the time we take our Cybertruck deliveries.
I think having more Giga Factories will only improve the parts supply. In addition Tesla is always learning and trying to improve. I think Giga 3 will be huge for them and will hopefully bring lessons back to the US.

OP
OP

bimerguy

First Name
cw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberturck to be
Country flag
Thank you, Tesla owners for the replies that are very encouraging. I expected that this was the case in spite of all the comments on the Tesla owners forum.

2021 Cybertruck can't come too soon for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: