Tesla Giga Austin tunnel to downtown Austin, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!!!! Don't cha just love the morons in the carpool lane driving 65 with nobody in front of them? :eek:
Slow carpool lane drives test my morning’s patience. Soon, the carpool lane can be converted to autonomous driving lanes.
Sponsored

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
I lack the resources to tunnel under the 405 freeway.
If there's a Sepulveda pass, then it would follow that it would be the Sepulveda Tunnel except there's already a Sepulveda Tunnel at the airport. What would it be called. The North Sepulveda Tunnel, The Elon Tunnel, The Boring Tunnel. I vote The Boring Tunnel because "because taking the Elon" just sounds messed up.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If there's a Sepulveda pass, then it would follow that it would be the Sepulveda Tunnel except there's already a Sepulveda Tunnel at the airport. What would it be called. The North Sepulveda Tunnel, The Elon Tunnel, The Boring Tunnel. I vote The Boring Tunnel because "because taking the Elon" just sounds messed up.
Cybertunnel.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Fly into Austin, take tunnel to Giga Austin and p/u your Cybertruck and drive home!
That would be quicker for me but:

(1) I absolutely hate commercial aviation. I'd rather fly in a Huey than eat.

(2) I still love a good road trip.

(3) Barring any health issues (I'll be 70 when my CT is built) my plan is to drive to Austin in the Nissan van with my buddy and rent a U-Haul tow dolly and pull the van home with my CT. I have a lot of experience flat towing vehicles and traffic doesn't bother me too much (I used to be a Commercial Driver and still have a CDL). Towing the van home will give me a lot of insight on how much mileage to expect from the CT. I plan to upgrade to the tri-motor so range and towing power should not be an issue.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired