Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla and Steinmetz ..two of the greatest electrical engineers and inventors during the early 1900ā€™s . Steinmetz definitely a greater innovator in the field of electric transportation ie the Steinmetz electric motor car corporation .. but tough name to call a car co. ā€œlike Muskā€...but I would buy a Proteus... Carl ā€œProteusā€ Steinmetz

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
The name Tesla was chosen because Tesla invented the Alternating Current electric motor which made the cars Tesla produce possible. It is also a representation of the struggle Tesla Automotive would have to go through to prove themselves. They are the underdog just like Tesla was.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The name Tesla was chosen because Tesla invented the Alternating Current electric motor which made the cars Tesla produce possible.
When I got my X I was fine with this but he (Tesla) in fact invented the alternating current INDUCTION motor (my X has 2), which made it possible to build AC motors as simply or more simply that DC ones thus putting the nail in Edison's (the puppy killer) coffin. But now the company is moving to switched reluctance motors and I don't see how they can change the company name to Pengov but perhaps they should.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
No thanks. I know it wasn't only puppies.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
When I got my X I was fine with this but he (Tesla) in fact invented the alternating current INDUCTION motor (my X has 2), which made it possible to build AC motors as simply or more simply that DC ones thus putting the nail in Edison's (the puppy killer) coffin. But now the company is moving to switched reluctance motors and I don't see how they can change the company name to Pengov but perhaps they should.
Tesla cannot change its name now that they are getting real momentum in their stock and product. Yes the new motor is different however the original motor is why the company was named Tesla.

OP
OP
DrDefore

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla cannot change its name now that they are getting real momentum in their stock and product. Yes the new motor is different however the original motor is why the company was named Tesla.
[/
i? I wish Tesla and Steinmetz could see what has evolved .. it only took a hundred years ?

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I
Edison was an evil asshole
The first time I cried. I was 85 yrs old. Scroll down for the video. It will bring tears to your eye's.

https://www.wired.com/2008/01/dayintech-0104/
love ya man, but there ain't no god damn way I need to see anything that makes me cre in today's world.... unless it is tears of joy...Just two months ago I cried for like 2 minutes. It was a "sentinel event" in the friendship of a friend I've had since 1984. It just showed how deep our relationship is. I literally cried for joy and humor at the same time.
I had put up one of those red laser christmas decorations in the oaks in the backyard... we were out there by the fire pit drinkin and it was getting dark... With surprised look on my face I looked up into the trees and told him "Oh my god!? I just read about these in the newspaper.... Asiatic fireflies! Instead of blinking green lights they emit a red light just after dark! We have to call Florida Wildlife COmmision to declare the infestation... For five minutes I sat there feeding him lie after lie.... "They only glow for 15 minutes, if they don't mate in that timeframe they die virgins....and then they fall to the ground, the females lay half their eggs on the male and she retains half...the first meal the eggs have when they hatch are the corpses of their parents...." I went on and on...
The thing is he's such a dear friend he never ever would consider I would tell a lie... no matter how far fetched I made the story...it got to the point that I was going to have to bring in "magnetism orients them to the tops of only certain trees that are sure to grow for the required years need for the nymphs to consume and live amongst the roots for them to grow so they could emerge..."
It was so wonderful to watch my friend and realize he would never doubt me...
I tried the same story on my wife when she got home that night and no sooner did I get the second sentence out of my mouth did she cry, "BULLSHIT!"

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Great story. I wish you had post this earlier. I bought one in Jan. I hooked them up and that night I went outside. I called my wife and said come outside, There's 1000 of fire fly's out here. She came out and looked, and said.You R full of shit.. This is a Magnolia tree.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla ... great company , wrong name!! IMG_9326
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla ... great company , wrong name!! IMG_9327

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I read several books about Tesla.
It is so true that genius and madness are so closely intertwined.
He lived a strange existence while he was on this earth.
There is still a lot of mystery about what he did or did not invent and if some of those inventions could have been weaponized.
Most of his papers were seized by the government after he died and that led to a lot of speculation about what he hadn't actually built and if those inventions would have worked.
As they say the truth is always stranger than fiction.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Nor is there any need to now that they are going back to induction motors.
Sponsored