Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Hummmmmmm.........I have been following a guy on YouTube that races his Model S Plaid at various race tracks around Florida.
If all his data is being sent to some gigantic data storage/analysis facility I wonder what the people looking at the data think.
This guy is smoking almost everything he races against and does the quarter mile so fast he has been threatened with expulsion from one race track because he doesn't have a roll cage and parachute on his car. He routinely hits 150 in the quarter mile.
Over the last few years I have had my insurance upped due to claims from hitting a raccoon (3500 dollars in damage), getting ran off the road by some idiot on his phone and some front end damage to my daughters car. We have USAA and no one has ever beaten their rates.
I just wonder if they will consider the Cybertruck as some type of hot rod truck like the Ford Roush trucks and the Chevy Z series.
There is also a tipping point where your age counts against you rather than giving you lower rates and I'm getting there fast. I'll be 70 when I pick up my CT.
I'd hate to know insurance could price me out of my dream truck (and prob the last vehicle I'll ever buy).
Sponsored