Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Benefits of a subscription should match the payments.

Are they bringing me new product or providing ongoing maintenance, yes/no?

That's why I resist many software subscriptions... there's the temptation for them to stop providing maintenance and pocket the cash.

-Crissa
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would agree that most software subscriptions are stupid. Like when it comes to computer software like microsoft office, I will never subscribe because i've been using the same version since university and i've never had issues with my files when i open them at home or at my office that has the most up to date versions.

I don't think FSD would be like that. Tesla obviously is always looking towards their end goal which is level 5 autonomy. It will take a very long time to reach that obviously and even when they do, obviously it's something that can always be improved upon even at level 5.

On the other hand, if FSD was subscription based and not available for purchase, I would consider plans like the ones hinted at for weekend or trip based. I probably wouldn't have a running subscription month to month because I would always be wondering if it's worth it. It would probably be a costly monthly fee and It's not like it's something that I absolutely need.

That's the big difference between subscription and a full purchase for me. I want my FSD purchase to be an asset for me in the future, I already enjoy seeing the software advance in youtube videos, knowing that I am getting it for $7000. I like the idea of it being there for me at any time that I might need it and when a big update is released, I know that i'm apart of that, and it's not just some service that I am paying monthly for.