Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
According to an internal company e-mail sent to employees yesterday, Tesla plans to resume normal operations on May 4 at its US facilities (in Fremont, CA and Buffalo, NY). If this comes to fruition, this will represent 41 days of suspended production since Tesla suspended operations at Fremont beginning March 24 due to concerns over the COVID-19 virus.

Here is yesterday's company e-mail:

“While we are continuing to keep only minimum critical operations running, we expect to resume normal production at our U.S. facilities on May 4, barring any significant changes. Until that time, it is important we take action to ensure we remain on track to achieve our long-term plans.”
In our opinion, the 41 days of production stoppage is unlikely to affect the timeline for Cybertruck production, which was not expected to begin until late 2021 anyway. Also, the Cybertruck will not be built in any of the existing factories, but will get its own Gigafactory somewhere in central USA. So unless the COVID situation delays the location decision and the plant's construction, the Cybertruck is basically on its own timeline independent of the existing factories uptime and output.

For discussions on how COVID-19 may affect Cybertruck production/timeline, please join us at this thread -- Analysis: Will Tesla Have to Delay Cybertruck Production / Launch?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Looks like California managed to flatten the curve pretty well and cases are supposed to peak in a week, so May 4 resumption date may actually be possible.

Jimo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA Model X, 2003 Thunderbird, 2016 Nissan NV 3500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since I live in Shreveport, LA and have a reservation for the CyberTruck (AND own a 2017 Model X), I would like to encourage Elon to look at our old GM plant (abandoned since 2008) as a possible manufacturing facility. He needs a plant in the middle of the country and we are ideally located near the intersection of I-20 and I-49! We still have some assembly-line experienced workers to help. If this forum has any clout or connection with him, we would certainly like to talk! I have a feeling the Governing powers-that-be would make an extremely attractive deal!