Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Tesla’s Cybertruck factory is starting to look a bit “cyberpunk” itself

Posted on March 12, 2021

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-gigafactory-texas-cyberpunk-video/

The Tesla Cybertruck is an unashamedly futuristic pickup, and being a futuristic truck, it deserves to be built in an equally futuristic facility. Fortunately for the Cybertruck, it appears that its future manufacturing facility, Gigafactory Texas, is starting to look pretty “cyberpunk” itself, with its thick concrete walls and massive steel frames.

Recent flyovers of the Gigafactory Texas site reveal that one end of the upcoming Cybertruck factory is already being laid with thick concrete walls and what appear to be concrete slabs for its roof. Together with its already domineering size, the insane amount of concrete being used to build Gigafactory Texas gives the building an appearance that’s futuristic, if not a bit brutalist.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla's Cybertruck factory @ Texas starting to show “cyberpunk” aesthetics cybertruck-factory-e1615555734593

The “cyberpunk” aesthetic typically involves dark color palettes like black and dark gray highlighted by bright neon accents. Cyberpunk-themed buildings, as they are depicted in fiction, generally are large concrete structures designed with some degree of Brutalism. This could be seen in the architecture in the popular game Cyberpunk 2077, which features a futuristic American city filled with tall concrete, angular buildings with not too many windows.

Interestingly enough, the Cybertruck’s angular design has been described as Brutalist as well, thanks to its domineering stance, cold steel frame, and its sharp, angular form. With this in mind, it seems perfect that the Cybertruck’s production facility would be futuristic as well. Tesla’s Gigafactories, after all, are not designed like conventional car plants, with the facilities being created for optimal efficiency in the production of all-electric vehicles.

Gigafactory Texas has shown remarkable progress as of late, with recent drone flyovers of the site revealing that some painting equipment is now being placed within the facility’s semi-completed portions. A parade of these dipping tanks, for example, was recently brought to the second floor of the Paint Shop, suggesting that some interior work on the facility is already ongoing.

Watch a recent flyover of the Gigafactory Texas complex in the video below.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Jeeze... the author of this must have never paid attention to ANY building under construction.. these are pretty standard construction techniques and materials... precast concrete and steel frame.

Not really anything "Cyberpunk" about it..

If they start adding some neon lights and graffiti I might buy it.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Jeeze... the author of this must have never paid attention to ANY building under construction.. these are pretty standard construction techniques and materials... precast concrete and steel frame.

Rofl I was thinking the same thing... like, uhmm, yeah the building is barely beyond it's steel framing,

This is what happens when people are starved of information and constantly trying to extrapolate from the minimal info they have.

But anyway, cheers to Doomsday Austin, it's got a nice ring.

Waresdom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevy Silverado
Country flag

I could not agree with you more. There's nothing Cyberpunk about this. LOL

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
The only cyber-punk in this article is the author! He must be out of new things to write about.

MDBaker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.PatriotCoinRings.com
Vehicles
Mercedes 550 convertible, 2020 Stingray, Suburban
Occupation
Jewelry Manufacturer - Owner www.PatriotCoinRings.com
Country flag
So, this is where we all go while waiting in line for our trucks? I'll probably pass away before my truck is released if the manufacturing plant isn't even built and producing trucks yet. As soon as I saw Elan changing dates on which model he was going to release first I just put a deposit on all three models to have a shot at what ever comes out first but my first pick is actually the Model 2 AWD Cybertruck but I'll take what ever comes out first and trade it up when the one I want comes next in line just to have some kicks for the time being.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
...I just put a deposit on all three models to have a shot at what ever comes out first...
Good news is, when they get to the configuration stage you'll most likely be able to change which model of the CT you want with just the 1 reservation! If you locked in FSD at one price and then at a different price with the other 2 reservations, I would recommend changing your first reservation on config day to the desired model CT you're looking for. That will allow you to save some $$ in the process of you opt for FSD!

MDBaker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.PatriotCoinRings.com
Vehicles
Mercedes 550 convertible, 2020 Stingray, Suburban
Occupation
Jewelry Manufacturer - Owner www.PatriotCoinRings.com
Country flag
Good news is, when they get to the configuration stage you'll most likely be able to change which model of the CT you want with just the 1 reservation! If you locked in FSD at one price and then at a different price with the other 2 reservations, I would recommend changing your first reservation on config day to the desired model CT you're looking for. That will allow you to save some $$ in the process of you opt for FSD!
Makes sense. My thinking was if I were to just change configuration it would reset my position in the line up of things. For instance, I originally put my first deposit on the Cybertruck 3 almost 2 years ago when they said that would be the first one to be released. Then they said no, the Cybertruck 1 switched release dates and now we are back to Model 2 first, Model 3 second and Model 1 last (last I heard) so come release date I have no idea whether they will contact us in the order of our deposits or skip over those who are asking for a certain model not scheduled to deliver till a later date.

Either way, it's just a hundred dollars for each deposit which If I were to say get exactly what I wanted the first time around I could always just ask for a refund of the other two hundred dollars according to their policy of returns not being an issue. Anyone serious about getting one of these I'm sure playing the field with $300 isn't an issue for.

I am however getting impatient and was holding off buying another new car but I've been looking at a couple others in the mean time even as a lease just to hold me over till these finally do really come out. I'm sure we all feel the same (tired of waiting).

Good meeting you bud,
Michael

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Makes sense.
Good meeting you bud,
Michael
Great meeting you too!

The big thing to keep in mind is that you don't want to change anything with your reservations if you already locked in FSD pricing on any of them until AFTER your are configuring them when that starts happening probably later this year. There are unknown rumors of people losing their locked in FSD prices in place of the current locked in FSD price if they change their reservation right now, before config day.

We don't know if that will remain or if they'll still honor your first FSD lock in date in those instances, so better safe than sorry!

What we DO know is the rate you lock in FSD for will be that rate, as long as you do not make any adjustments to your reservation between now and config day! ?
Sponsored