Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't think you'd You would not want to directly connect high voltage batteries together like you do when jumping a 12V battery. The onboard 240VAC outlet would probably work best in emergencies for V2V charging.
I was thinking about losses due to the round trip through and inverter and rectifier… but then this is for emergencies so some power loss is tolerable.

Maybe if you have a tow truck something more purpose built.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Curious what the regulated part would be? Are we talking DC to DC converter? Size (and cost) of the DC to DC converter would limit the power available. Probably easier to stick with the 240VAC outlet to power things.

I don't think you'd You would not want to directly connect high voltage batteries together like you do when jumping a 12V battery. The onboard 240VAC outlet would probably work best in emergencies for V2V charging.
I suppose it all depends on the power distribution architecture. I'm thinking the V2X part is probably better handled by the EV charging plug as this would probably be bidirectional anyway, and a straight forward way for people to share power from their batteries through a bidirectional charging circuit. It would be nice to have a higher L2 charge rate for this around 17kW or so instead of the 11kW, and would give around 50miles per hour, which should get you back to a normal charging station in a pinch.

I see the direct DC connection as a high power input/output connector with a relay and CAN connector(2 wire), not much more, to keep the cost down. It would not be a "DIY" type connector, rather the connector would only become activated "if" a recognized compatible accessory is connected and interfaces with the vehicle CAN bus and it switches on the protection relay.

What this means is that the accessory needs to have all the power control integrated into it. It would add significant cost to have some sort of bi-directional power controller that would likely have to be 1ph/3ph, with variable frequency for speed control, and variable voltage etc. So it would be best that this cost is only added when the customer adds the accessory that requires it. The same would apply for the PV charging accessory.

In an ideal world the CT would have a direct PV MPPT controller and connection to allow PV cell strings at the right voltage to directly charge the DC side. at a fairly decent charge current There are PV controllers to go in the EV charging plug already, but unlike going through the plug going through the DC side would allow it charge at whatever rate the PV is currently producing, according to the solar conditions.

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I don’t post here often and usually just stalk new posts but as far as accessories for the cybertruck and with the new info from AI day I thought I would express my only want for an accessor. A lot of people wand a solar cover or a mid gate for example. I would buy one without all that to be honest. I just want a robot companion for mine. It would integrate and be one in the same as the AI in the cybertruck and store and charge in the vault and be waiting for me to use. I have a farm and can use a hand every now and then Or for any other task I could possibly think of. The brutalist and industrial design of the cybertruck led me to the only robot that could possibly fit the aesthetic of the truck and it’s conveniently from one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies, interstellar. I want a CASE or TARS robot as an accessory. It fits the truck perfectly. With Tesla’s new chip... it could happen. A guy can dream, right?

A4950A5F-D0E6-482D-BE2F-9ACC6FCF7611.jpeg
I think we all know you're saying; you want the upgrade to Stripper mode, right?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Would love a PTO.

Though it would be silly to buy a PTO powered compressor when there is one onboard already.
But that compressor will be good for filling up tires. The CT PTO tied to a compressor could run a whole job site.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
But that compressor will be good for filling up tires. The CT PTO tied to a compressor could run a whole job site.
Sure. But you could probably buy a 220v compressor for a quarter the price though.

Deleted member 3316

Sure. But you could probably buy a 220v compressor for a quarter the price though.
Or just replace the OEM compressor with a higher volume compressor and install a secondary high volume tank.

Tesla could even sell the Roadster SpaceX package components (compressor & CFOWPV) as a Cybertruck upgrade for trades…
Sponsored